Tri Glide used prices increasing.

Oct 15, 2019
Flagstaff AZ
Not sure if it is just me noticing or my geographic location but the price of my 2015 I purchased a few years ago has increased by a few thousand more than I paid back then. Anyone else notice the increased pricing of used Tri Glides?

Not sure if it is just me noticing or my geographic location but the price of my 2015 I purchased a few years ago has increased by a few thousand more than I paid back then. Anyone else notice the increased pricing of used Tri Glides?

Its not just trikes........Its any used vehicle in good shape....And after you sell your vehicle you'll find that the new vehicle went up in price also, That is if you can find one..:xzqxz:..

Everything is crazy. Bikes, cars, RV’s. Bought a new motor home last fall at $75K under MSRP. Seems like almost the next day it all blew up. I could easily sell it now for more than MSRP. But as mentioned above, a replacement would be overpriced! Ain’t happening…

I have wondered about that. I also have a 2015 with 7,600 miles that I purchased new and it still looks pretty much like the day I bought it. I’m also into classic Pontiacs and just picked up a 1962 Grand Prix that will certainly occupy some of my time. The thought crossed my mind to say good-bye to the Trike and focus more of my “toy time” on the Grand Prix. It’s good to know there is a healthy market out there if I do decide to sell.

Everything is crazy. Bikes, cars, RV’s. Bought a new motor home last fall at $75K under MSRP. Seems like almost the next day it all blew up. I could easily sell it now for more than MSRP. But as mentioned above, a replacement would be overpriced! Ain’t happening…

Same with my home. In my area I could easily sell it for $100,000 more than I paid in 2019…and in less than a heartbeat…. but a replacement would be way overpriced. Then when the market crashes..as it will.. I would never be able to sell the replacement for what I paid for it.

it is very tempting… and I could sell, move my little belongings into an RV at a campground…let them take care of mowing/watering the grass… but with now 3, just recently down from 4 dogs who have had a lifetime of doggy-door use, I think I would regret the change BIG time. It was challenging enough a few years ago to get them all in/out of the motorhome we had.

I have wondered about that. I also have a 2015 with 7,600 miles that I purchased new and it still looks pretty much like the day I bought it. I’m also into classic Pontiacs and just picked up a 1962 Grand Prix that will certainly occupy some of my time. The thought crossed my mind to say good-bye to the Trike and focus more of my “toy time” on the Grand Prix. It’s good to know there is a healthy market out there if I do decide to sell.

Don't wait too long, Like all balloons sooner or later they pop..:xszpv:.

Sounds like the good old days of the '90's and early '20's The first 3 Harleys I bought, I sold for many thousands MORE than I paid for them 3 ~ 4 years later.

I remember my dealer telling me that he had a list of buyers that would give me $5K for the opportunity to buy my '95 Ultra Classic that just came in.

If I hadn't just sold my old Harley a week earlier, I would have done it. :D

Well,

last month I sold my leased Mazda 6 for $5,000 over the turn in value. Helped me buy my trike.

on the other side…

I sold my 11 Ultra Limited to a dealer for $11K. Had it on Cycle Trader for 2 months at more than that and then less than that. I had only two replies that were not really genuine. I was fine with the dealer price. He sold it for way more, but it was hassle free for me. They even came and picked the bike up at my house.

I bought my 18 anniversary model TG from a private owner for 31k in a city 500 miles away. It had thousands of HD dealer added accessories and at 11k miles had every service record AND an extended warranty. I shopped for months all over a 500 mile radius and could only find dealers asking many thousands more for box stock trikes with even more miles. I really hit the jackpot and it was an owner that truly cared for and maintained this bike. I developed a relationship with him and have become a friend to this day.

in response to the original thread, I think the value on used trikes, and all other vehicles, are artificially inflated today and unless you find a real gem as I did, purchasing now will punish you..

Just got back from my dealer. He had a 2015 TG for $28,500 and a 2019 Freewheeler for $30,100. I wish I was at that age when I have to give up riding because I'd sell mine in a NY minute, but at 77 and in good health, I have at least 10 more years to go - God willing.

Quick story. 2-1/2 years ago I totaled my 2014 TG just south of The Dragon. It had 36K miles on it at the time. For a month after I healed I would stop in at the dealer to see if they had any used TG's for sale. Finally one day they did. It was also a 2014 but it was black (really didn't want black). They said it only had 764 miles on it. I told them if they would sell it to me OTD for what the insurance was going to give me ($25,500), they had a deal. Came back in 15 minutes and said I just bought a TG. Service mgr. (friend) transferred all accessories (a lot) from old TG to the new TG for $650. Couldn't beat that with a stick.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png