Turning Traction Control Off

After looking the article over I'm still confused about how to best utilize traction control. If it does, in fact, keep your tires from slipping why would I want to turn it off on loose sand or uphill on wet grass? I'm asking because the driveway to a relatives house starts as a rather steep incline made of gravel. Should I turn traction control OFF or leave it ON? I'm hoping to be down there this weekend and I'll have to deal with this driveway entrance.

After looking the article over I'm still confused about how to best utilize traction control. If it does, in fact, keep your tires from slipping why would I want to turn it off on loose sand or uphill on wet grass? I'm asking because the driveway to a relatives house starts as a rather steep incline made of gravel. Should I turn traction control OFF or leave it ON? I'm hoping to be down there this weekend and I'll have to deal with this driveway entrance.

The traction control is more of a safety net for wet road traction, I have left mine on on my 21 Freewheeler. If it becomes any kind of a problem for me I can always turn it off

Very simple.......Try going up with it on and see what happens..:Shrug:...My driveway is very steep, And when its snow coved i turn it off because as the wheels start spinning/slipping the engine will bog down 'Almost like limp mode...

Read your owner's manual, it sounds like you are comparing traction control to limited slip rear ends, not the intended purpose for it IMO

Very simple.......Try going up with it on and see what happens..:Shrug:

So I had no problem going up the driveway in VA I mentioned previously, bumpier than hell, but got up it without turning off traction control. Going down was no problem and I went up and down a couple times while there. Guess I'll just leave traction control alone.

So I had no problem going up the driveway in VA I mentioned previously, bumpier than hell, but got up it without turning off traction control. Going down was no problem and I went up and down a couple times while there. Guess I'll just leave traction control alone.

ThumbUp.............

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png