A tent question.

Hi

My wife and I , with a friend from California, are doing a trip up to Alaska this summer. We are from Spain and UK. We intend to purchase a tent, three person at least 5ft 4inches inside height, We don't seem to be able to find any tents in the USA which puts the fly up first ( which is water proof) and then the inner last. This allows the inner part of the tent to be kept dry when it rains as you put the outer fly up first and then the inner, whilst being protected from the rain. The reverse applies when taking it down. You can then pack your inner tent and camping gear under the fly whilst still errected. This style of tent is widely used here in the UK and Europe. They usually wieght in at around 8-10 Kg and to have that amount as luggage on a flight isn't to good. Postage costs the earth so buying in the uSA seem more favourable.

Hope some one out there can help.

My e-mail address is info@compasswest.co.uk

Our tranport for the trip is a newly converted GL 1800. by Motortrike. Bike and accessories purchased from Ron at Ron McMullen Trikes Both of which have so far gone that extra mile to help us. In fact Ron has been jusat amazing in his help.

First - get the brand name you are accustomed to and GOOGLE large sporting goods stores where you are interested in purchasing.

Or check REI.com or Altrec.com - see if they have what you want. If they do not, then email them with the brand you KNOW.

Good luck and happy riding!

You could set up a batwing or regular tarpaulin. Once the tent rainfly is on, the tarp could be repositioned to the eating area or just leave it over the tent to cool the tent in the shade.
Prices vary $70-$400. I'm considering one designed for backpackers.
Steve

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png