Southwest Airlines

Jack Klarich

18000+ Posts
Oct 11, 2016
Jax, Fla USA
I am not going to bash what has happened here with the stories around Southwest Airlines

I have been gone from the Forums since last Wednesday. My wife and I had to fly to Mn for a wedding in our family, we have been flying Southwest for many years with never any issues.

Our return flight got cancelled and we could not get home for 3 days.

WE had booked with a cushion of 1 full day the direct flight to Jacksonville Florida, that is where the problems started. Just like politics many stories spun out of control on what really happened IMO

As a result of all of the problems we were finally able to rebook from Minneapolis to Chicago to Savannah Ga. One day late getting home

Once there I had to rent a car to drive home to Jacksonville

I sure would like to know the real reason behind the original problem affecting Southwest Airlines

Any one else having problems getting flights to Florida with other airlines recently?

I will give the Airline the benefit of doubt here unless other info comes to light, I have always had good experiences flying SouthWest

Two words ................ Pilots union !

You are most likely correct, it just makes me wonder why Southwest has changed the story so many times

The first of many statements placed the blame on weather here in Jacksonville, that proved to be not true. The first reports started in California with a similar statement last Friday in the Bar area. That also was not true

Our local weather man ( 1 of many) went on the record stating the weather here did not cause any air traffic problems. Further saying that other air lines kept up their regular flights

I do not care at this point, I am home 1 and a half days at my own extra expense.

If my wife did not have to get back for work we would have stayed longer

We did have round trip flights with one extra day lee way for the return flight

Both the FAA and SW said the issue was not weather related. It is hard to fly a plane without a pilot. Their union will not give a valid reason as to why so many called off. Abbott's latest bs is not helping either. He is panhandling for votes plain and simple. He's in deep doo doo over this past winters freeze debacle with voters and he knows it. His numbers are in the tank, even with republicans here in TX.

I am not going to bash what has happened here with the stories around Southwest Airlines

I can't help but wonder whether the many millions and perhaps even billions in corporate welfare money going to the airlines since 911 to help them to stay in business might be playing an important role here perhaps, in that SWA is fearful of losing those many millions in corporate welfare funds if they don't play ball with the administration on the Biden verbally ordered vax mandates. Mind you this is only my opinion.

Heard this story on Fox News last night. Fox said the problem was unvaxed workers, including pilots and workers on the ground.

Just about everything Biden has done has had negative effects on the US one way or another.

Glad you finally made it home Jack, no thanks to bimbo, I mean Biden.

PC

I try to stay away from politics on forums ..As a matter of fact i don't think i even voted in the last election.....I did put a ballot in a sealed box in front of the police station last November but i don't know if that counts as voting....;)....:Shrug:...

Oh yeah, you can bet the right sided of your behind politics is the root cause. It is the cause of everything evil and crazy these days. Look no further than Biden and company.

I try to stay away from politics on forums ..As a matter of fact i don't think i even voted in the last election.....I did put a ballot in a sealed box in front of the police station last November but i don't know if that counts as voting....;)....:Shrug:...

Was it a ballot or a bomb? Either way.

Only if it’s opened :D:wave4:

So, I ended getting $330.00 in travel vouchers, bid deal, I had already purchased 2 round trip tickets. It does not make up for having to pay $150.00 for a rental for 2 hour trip back to Jax Fl from Savanna airport

I see now Southwest is blaming bad weather in Orlando. Even if that were true it should NOT have had an impact on Jax, by the way Southwest had NO flights to Jax for 3 days starting last Sunday

Heard this story on Fox News last night. Fox said the problem was unvaxed workers, including pilots and workers on the ground.

Just about everything Biden has done has had negative effects on the US one way or another.

Glad you finally made it home Jack, no thanks to bimbo, I mean Biden.

PC

+1 on ole Biden, if he can't screw up the entire works, no one can..............:help::mega-shock:

Ronnie

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png