Riding The Badlands in 2021

Jun 15, 2013
Red Banks, MS
Earlier this year we headed out....

1-loaded%20up%20CORRECT.jpg

...Got a lot of places to ride. First up is the Badlands of South Dakota.

8-views%20at%20lookout.jpg

What an amazing place...

7-views.jpg

...to ride...

11-curve.jpg

...or to just sit and look at the craziness that is the Badlands.

10-kevin%20at%20lookout.jpg

There are nice curves...

12-another%20curve.jpg

More in next post.

Kevin

Thanks for the trip and pics

That was always one of me and my wife's favorite rides during Sturgis;)

Always something new and cool to see

The Badlands is an unpredictable place.* We've been here in fierce winds, rain and lighting, but today is picture perfect.

22-more%20scenery.jpg

Hardly any traffic, but every now and then we run into a bit of a clogged up area.

23-traffic.jpg

But during a weekday, it is very light.* This is probably the worst of it.* We've been here before when it was a parking lot.

24-look%20back.jpg

Yeah, we're going down a pretty steep hill.

27-looking%20back.jpg

The changes in the landscape are everywhere.* It is good to be on a bike...a covered wagon would not be so great crossing this place.

28-great%20ride.jpg

OH!* This looks like fun!

31-great%20day.jpg

​​​​​​​More in next post.

Kevin

Going for a little walk after a few hours riding.

33-walking%20around.jpg

Back enjoying the wind...

34-back%20at%20it.jpg

Mary's checking out the clouds, I'm wondering what is over the next hill.

35-hill.jpg

It is a huge National Park, and we've enjoyed every bit of it today. (244,000 acres)

36-more%20views.jpg

Great Place to Putt around for a day!

37-wow.jpg

Headed home, I found this guy that hitched a ride with us.

39-caught%20a%20bug.jpg

That was our day putting around Badlands National Park, 2021.

Kevin

Thanks for the trip and pics

That was always one of me and my wife's favorite rides during Sturgis;)

Always something new and cool to see

Glad you enjoyed Jack.

Yeah, it is different every time. It was cool, clear, and hardly any wind this time.

Great pics, I remember going thru the badlands in 95

All for now Trampas

Thanks man, glad you liked them.

btw, thought about you a few weeks ago when we passed thru the town of Las Trampas, NM. :)

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. I always enjoy riding with you and Mary weather it be in person or on the computer. Never been to the Badlands. I have a riding friend that lives in Rapid City. Now I know I gotta get on up there and do some riding..... Jim

Great pictures! Thanks for the reclining chair tour. LOL

I rode to Sturgis in 2011. I followed a high school buddy and his wife in his motor home. He had one of his employees and his wife following in a one ton flat bed pulling a big toy hauler. With him in the motor home, he had another employee and his wife with him.

Now that the groundwork is laid …….

I got to ride every road in the Sturgis area, plus a lot of back roads. What ‘ticked’ me off is that I did not get to ride through the Badlands! Why? Because these other ……. said it was too hot to go through there! Kiss my ……; I am the only one riding and they are sipping toddies in an a/c vehicle! One day, I will ride back up there just to do the Badlands! I have ridden the rest and now I want to check off my ride chart with the Badlands.

Thanks Kevin. I always enjoy riding with you and Mary weather it be in person or on the computer. Never been to the Badlands. I have a riding friend that lives in Rapid City. Now I know I gotta get on up there and do some riding..... Jim

Hi Jim!

If you ever do come up to ride the Badlands, drop a note and i'll ride across the state and ride with you again. Not that far for me, and be good to see you again.

Bill

Cool...enjoyed our riding together in AZ last month. That was a perfect ride you led on Day 1.

Sound like you have two folks you can meet up with and ride the Badlands and all the great riding up in the Black Hills!

Great pictures! Thanks for the reclining chair tour. LOL

I rode to Sturgis in 2011. I followed a high school buddy and his wife in his motor home. He had one of his employees and his wife following in a one ton flat bed pulling a big toy hauler. With him in the motor home, he had another employee and his wife with him.

Now that the groundwork is laid …….

I got to ride every road in the Sturgis area, plus a lot of back roads. What ‘ticked’ me off is that I did not get to ride through the Badlands! Why? Because these other ……. said it was too hot to go through there! Kiss my ……; I am the only one riding and they are sipping toddies in an a/c vehicle! One day, I will ride back up there just to do the Badlands! I have ridden the rest and now I want to check off my ride chart with the Badlands.

ROFL, great memory.

Glad you enjoyed the pics, and hope you get up there and are able to enjoy the Badlands and the rest of the good riding.

Thank you for the very good pictures I’ve never ridden through the badlands now I wished I would’ve but now I’m way too damn old to make that ride anymore thank you again.

Good to hear you enjoyed!

Kevin

Going for a little walk after a few hours riding.

33-walking%20around.jpg

Back enjoying the wind...

34-back%20at%20it.jpg

Mary's checking out the clouds, I'm wondering what is over the next hill.

35-hill.jpg

It is a huge National Park, and we've enjoyed every bit of it today. (244,000 acres)

36-more%20views.jpg

Great Place to Putt around for a day!

37-wow.jpg

Headed home, I found this guy that hitched a ride with us.

39-caught%20a%20bug.jpg

That was our day putting around Badlands National Park, 2021.

Kevin

One of my favorite rides. We always drive through there on the way home from Sturgis.

Outstanding pictures!

Was out there on the way to Sturgis in 2003 (100yr Harley anniversary) and really enjoyed the Badlands. Was shooting slides back then. I should find those and convert them to digital. I enjoyed your pictures!

Been a while since I've been on Trike Talk and found your pictures right away. While living in ND for many years we made a trip down to the Black Hills every year from 2010 to 2018 on a motorcycle and a couple times before that in a vehicle. We almost always did a trip thru the Badlands each visit. A few of those times we stayed in Wall to begin with. We always enjoyed a ride thru the Badlands and on occasions we would see the big horn sheep and a couple times had to wait for cattle being moved from one pasture area to another along the road from the west entrance of the park up to Wall. We did the Sturgis Rally in 2021 but didn't do the Badlands and after we got back to Idaho we wished we would have done them. Always nice to see the pictures you post from your various rides.

Been a while since I've been on Trike Talk and found your pictures right away. While living in ND for many years we made a trip down to the Black Hills every year from 2010 to 2018 on a motorcycle and a couple times before that in a vehicle. We almost always did a trip thru the Badlands each visit. A few of those times we stayed in Wall to begin with. We always enjoyed a ride thru the Badlands and on occasions we would see the big horn sheep and a couple times had to wait for cattle being moved from one pasture area to another along the road from the west entrance of the park up to Wall. We did the Sturgis Rally in 2021 but didn't do the Badlands and after we got back to Idaho we wished we would have done them. Always nice to see the pictures you post from your various rides.

Glad you enjoyed them.

Sounds like you have really enjoyed all that area quite a bit. It is one of our favorite places to ride.

Idaho is pretty Great also!

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png