more power

Mar 25, 2010
NORTHERN WISCONSIN
I have read that changing my trans pulley to 30 teeth will help . I am running a 2007 ultra with a champion independent conversion and would like to know if thats the only thing i have to change on the trike?

The change to 30 teeth to me is a huge improvement. I switched the sprocket on my 2010 Triglide from a 32 tooth to a 30 tooth and wow now what a difference.

Thanks for the info .I have read that you must also change you belt to a shorter one but that came from a normal ultra post not one that been triked out and that the spedo does not give the correct speed and the light for the cruise does not work.

On a Tri-Glide, with the 30t. pulley, there is enough room for adjustment--no need to replace belt. The 6th gear indicator remains, the cruise indicator remains, but the speedo indicates 5mph faster.

Tingrin,
It's my opinion that any 6 speed HD needs lower gearing, two wheel or three wheel. On my 07 Ultra/CSC the only option I had to lower the gearing was to switch from a 34 tooth motor (not transmission) sprocket to a 30 tooth one.
The CSC conversion uses their own belts (yes 2 belts) so changing the transmission pulley wasn't an option. You have two options, changing the transmission pulley to a 30T or the motor sprocket to a 30T. The easiets and cheapest route is the motor sprocket. To change the transmission pulley on your trike you will have to remove the trike body, and the inner and outter primary covers. There should be enough adjustment with the Champion kit so you wont have to change belts (that would require a nearly complete removal of the kit). By changing the motor sprocket everything will work, even the speedo will be right, because all of the inputs are taken off of the transmission. I can almost guarantee that if you do the gearing change you will be happy!

Dwight

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png