looking for best helmet bluetooth audio

I just purchased a '21 Freewheeler. I'm looking for the best helmet bluetooth audio for connecting to my iphone. I'd like to stream music, make/receive calls, use the nav apps, etc. I'd also like to talk to my husband while he's on his Road Glide. I've seen some posts for the Cardo Packtalk systems (https://www.cardosystems.com/shop/packtalk-bold/), but wondering if there are others worth researching or is the Cardo the best?

J&M out of Arizona has always been a leader in motorcycle audio. I've had their speakers, amps and other items over the years without issue. Plus, they attend numerous motorcycle rallies and have install specials. JMHO

Bought the SENA 50S. Got the dual set already paired at the factory.

I personally use it only to talk to the other bike or if riding 2-up with that person.

Riding partner uses the music aspect of it.

Recently we rode with another couple who have an older model SENA and we were able to mesh all 4 of us together. That was lots of fun… made me think of my old CB radio days. It was so nice to have communication between the 3 bikes…pointing out things to see, someone needing to pull over, decisions for lunch stops, etc.. plus just normal conversation.

Clarity is excellent. Distance is about 3/4 mile at best but depends on curves and hills.

The decision was between the Cardo Bold or the SENA 50S.

Decided on the SENA thinking the big control wheel on it might be easier to get to with gloves on. Did not know anyone who had either.

This is a love/hate affair…. When its doing what we want it to, its love… when trying to figure out how to make different things happen with it … its truly a booger. The instructions are pretty much useless. Seems like everything is trial and error. Have yet to get SENA to respond at all to verbal requests….which was one of the big advertised selling points.

Don’t know if the Cardo Bold would have been any more user-friendly.. but have sunk a bunch of money into the SENA.. so will just live with it and keep trying to figure it out. We both have purchased the extra microphone/headset & mounting bracket for our 2nd helmets… that is, summer and winter helmets.

Let us know what you decide and how its working for you.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png