GERBING 7v heated jacket.

haynes 57

5+ Posts
Sep 5, 2021
Walker County Al
What are your opinions on the Gerber 7v heated jackets? I have a surplus store near me that has some on sale. We are riding daily in sub 45 degree and down to 35 with regular gear. However, I would love to have a good heated jacket or vest. Thanks for any replies. Gary Haynes

What are your opinions on the Gerber 7v heated jackets? I have a surplus store near me that has some on sale. We are riding daily in sub 45 degree and down to 35 with regular gear. However, I would love to have a good heated jacket or vest. Thanks for any replies. Gary Haynes

I had one a few years ago.....Very light duty and like all battery heated jackets you'll need at last two battery's .....I gave mine away and got the Milwaukee heated jacket [M12]...With two extra batteries...I wear it under my leather MC Jacket at temps in the teens....Just one note, They are sized a little large, And to work/heat properly they have to be a ''Tight Fit'' against your body...I also wear one under my hunting jacket while out hunting from a stand.... I bought 3 of them the first one i gave to my Son when i lost weight , Then i bought a smaller size for me...And the third one i bought for my grandson..

I agree with a Milwaukee

I just orderd a Milwaukee m12 on sale online. However I kind of think it is a scam and am checking into cancelling my order. These gerbings are 1/2 to !/3 the price of a Milwaukee jacket or vest not on sale. Thanks for your reply and I will consider your reply in my choice. haynes 57

I just orderd a Milwaukee m12 on sale online. However I kind of think it is a scam and am checking into cancelling my order. These gerbings are 1/2 to !/3 the price of a Milwaukee jacket or vest not on sale. Thanks for your reply and I will consider your reply in my choice. Gary Haynes

I bought my Milwaukee M12....From Home Depot A few years ago....$199.00 Plus Tax..

The two extra batteries were more and they do fit Milwaukee's other tools, But i don't remember how much the batteries cost..:Shrug:..

I bought the Gerbing Gyde 7volt battery heated gloves.

They are windproof and have heat all around the fingers and hand. I was afraid they might feel heavy with the battery pack but they are fine.

Temperature adjustment is an easy, accessible, push of the button.

I got the battery operated gloves as you don’t have to remember to plug, unplug so many wires at a quick gas stop…just slip the gloves off.

I bought the Firstgear 75watt heated jacket liner… it is wired to the battery.

I wear a turtleneck as a base layer then the liner over that and finally my regular motorcycle jacket.

I have also worn the turtleneck and liner (no mc jacket) and stayed plenty warm.

I knew I would run jacket batteries down PDQ as I like the cozy warmth turned on most of the day on chilly rides is the reason I did not buy the battery-operated liner..was afraid the batteries would die too soon.

Its very easy to adjust the temperature with just a push of the button..just like the gloves.

It is windproof and has heat in the front of the chest, the back, the collar, and both arms.

Can’t believe I waited so many years to buy heated gear… its the difference between “just getting through the ride and can’t wait to get home…or I don’t want to go cause its too cold” vs. “it was a great ride today”.

No more looking and feeling like the Michelin Man or Pillsbury Dough Boy bundled in layers of gawky clothing. Pricey but worth every penny to me.

How long do those batteries actually last when on full power????????????

I purchased a heated jacket once a few years ago, and battery lasted NOT LONG AT ALL .very disappointed :ranting:

Ronnie

11/15/21

How long do those batteries actually last when on full power????????????

I purchased a heated jacket once a few years ago, and battery lasted NOT LONG AT ALL .very disappointed :ranting:

Ronnie

11/15/21

About 75% of what the manufacture calms...And as they get older even less..Thats why i have four batteries [M12] ... Two with me, And two fully charged in my garage...

I don't have this brand and bought a Tourmaster several years ago and LOVE it. It goes with me all times of the year, even in the summer. Whatever you pick, buy one. It really makes riding much more pleasurable in the colder seasons

I don't have this brand and bought a Tourmaster several years ago and LOVE it. It goes with me all times of the year, even in the summer. Whatever you pick, buy one. It really makes riding much more pleasurable in the colder seasons

I also have the Tourmaster heated jacket.......Plug in to the Trikes battery, I use it for extreme cold temps [20º and less] and on long rides...But once you stop the Trike and get off the heat stops...And that's where the Milwaukee M12 comes in handy to carry along with me...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png