Rebuilding my reverse motor today

Notgrownup

650+ Posts
Oct 27, 2021
Snow Hill NC USA
I got a new solenoid and brushes so I’m gonna get it done because it’s supposed to be 70 tomorrow so I’m trying to get it back on today, I sure hope it fixes it. Will post pictures and keep y’all posted

Well I broke or it was already cracked and broke on of the housing threaded ear that the armature screws into on the housing. Now I search for a housing or an old motor that someone has for sale for parts only. Damnit…

Well I broke or it was already cracked and broke on of the housing threaded ear that the armature screws into on the housing. Now I search for a housing or an old motor that someone has for sale for parts only. Damnit…

I think i have a old reverse motor setting around here some where. Will have to get my neighbor to look for it since im 3 weeks out of a total knee replacement. Will see if he can find it today and will report back.

I think i have a old reverse motor setting around here some where. Will have to get my neighbor to look for it since im 3 weeks out of a total knee replacement. Will see if he can find it today and will report back.

Damn Steve, hope your doing ok now. Need anything, holler. Will be gone till a week from Sun. but then home.

Thanks my man… my wife is on her 2nd year with her new knee, she said she would do it again.

Thanks my man… my wife is on her 2nd year with her new knee, she said she would do it again.

I had the other one replaced two years ago, some how I have broken a piece of bone off that knee cap, so now I get to have that knee opened back up to remove thea piece of bone, Damn it!!!

I had the other one replaced two years ago, some how I have broken a piece of bone off that knee cap, so now I get to have that knee opened back up to remove thea piece of bone, Damn it!!!

It’s cool, I have the bike back together without the reverse motor and all the wires taped up and tied neatly away so I can ride in a toy run today. I really appreciate it

Here are the numbers on the motor and the box.

Attachments

• IMG_20211121_123446732_TOP.jpg
    IMG_20211121_123446732_TOP.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20211121_123427305_HDR (3).jpg
    IMG_20211121_123427305_HDR (3).jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 55
Meanwhile back to the original post , I gave up on the OEM Mickey Mouse reverse motor . The mechanical motor trike one will be installed next week .

You will love it. I avoided using the OEM reverse mainly because of the battery drain. I have had the mechanical reverse for almost a year and use it all the time. Really nice backing out of the garage and I don't avoid certain parking spaces. A little warning - you can get going pretty fast in reverse.:D

You will love it. I avoided using the OEM reverse mainly because of the battery drain. I have had the mechanical reverse for almost a year and use it all the time. Really nice backing out of the garage and I don't avoid certain parking spaces. A little warning - you can get going pretty fast in reverse.:D

What he said. :gah:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mayhem-VOM

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mayhem-VOM
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png