Big lap AUSTRALIA

Planing to ride the big Lap starting in Brisbane AUGUST 2022 traveling anti clockwise

on my 2005 Goldwing SA champion.

Wondering about carrying spare fuel ?.

Also wondering about satellite phone due to poor coverage ?

Intend replacing all rudder hoses new tyres and full service.

intend to carry small 13ltr 12v fridge

Will build a carrier with fridge and fuel on rear of trike with a cover to help keep heat off both fuel and fridge.

would stay at caravan parks outback pubs and the likes.

have allowed four months min but don't mind if it takes longer

Anything else I should be concerned about

Sounds like the trip of a lifetime Guy, we don't do any long distance stuff so I can't add to your possibilities. We would love to see some pics when it happens though.

Is the government down there actually locking people up for not getting the stab? Can’t believe the citizens allowed their guns to be confiscated.

Tire repair kit and compressor. You can find USB rechargeable compressors on Amazon. I also have found USB rechargeable lithium AA batteries if you have a need for those.

What is the Big Lap? and Photos are a requirement.

Kurt

Tire repair kit and compressor. You can find USB rechargeable compressors on Amazon. I also have found USB rechargeable lithium AA batteries if you have a need for those.

What is the Big Lap? and Photos are a requirement.

Kurt

its a ride that goes around the outside of Aus depending on side trips 20/25k

Is the government down there actually locking people up for not getting the stab? Can’t believe the citizens allowed their guns to be confiscated.

Hi I am from New Zealand and yes covid is a concern , I had planned a new trike to be purchased in the USA and ship it home after but went in favour of something closer to home and using my trusty trike I currently own. Will review the USA plan when covid settles down.

Never did like the taste of bleach .( Kiwi humour )

Don't worry

! have just purchased my first, a 1995 Lehman Trike from Brisbane, I checked the fluids, changed the timing belts, loaded up, headed to Adelaide (first stay), my fuel guage and temp guage stopped working as did reverse, minor glitches fixed while at Adelaide then on to Perth, only irratating item was cruise control did not work at all, also the bottom boot (trunk) locked itself and is still a problem I made my own that worked a treat I carried some water not a lot as fuel stations are 200k apart, spare fuel, (not needed) but do not ride past any fuel stations, even paying $3 per litre. No sat phone I could get mobile reception every where I stopped, (sometimes I had to walk around a little, but it was always there somewhere)

Across the top you will need the extra fuel as a couple of the service stations are 300K apart, and you will pay accordingly, BE ALERT ALWAYS as the camels kangaroos wombats emu's and domestic livestock are thick and dumb (koalas are not a problem) this applies everywhere of corse!

Food and accomodation are hellish expensive on the road here so be prepared for that, any service you need from towns I found was not helpful with "all" being booked out for 5 weeks, a great expierance for my maiden trike voyage.

Now to rebuild the front suspension, repair the boot (trunk) mechenisem, so the stupid thing will open, then next month on the road to Darwin, following in my own footsteps as I have done all this 4 or 5 times before but on my much modified Triumph America.

When you get to Perth get in touch (I might be here)

Happy travelling!

! have just purchased my first, a 1995 Lehman Trike from Brisbane, I checked the fluids, changed the timing belts, loaded up, headed to Adelaide (first stay), my fuel guage and temp guage stopped working as did reverse, minor glitches fixed while at Adelaide then on to Perth, only irratating item was cruise control did not work at all, also the bottom boot (trunk) locked itself and is still a problem I made my own that worked a treat I carried some water not a lot as fuel stations are 200k apart, spare fuel, (not needed) but do not ride past any fuel stations, even paying $3 per litre. No sat phone I could get mobile reception every where I stopped, (sometimes I had to walk around a little, but it was always there somewhere)

Across the top you will need the extra fuel as a couple of the service stations are 300K apart, and you will pay accordingly, BE ALERT ALWAYS as the camels kangaroos wombats emu's and domestic livestock are thick and dumb (koalas are not a problem) this applies everywhere of corse!

Food and accomodation are hellish expensive on the road here so be prepared for that, any service you need from towns I found was not helpful with "all" being booked out for 5 weeks, a great expierance for my maiden trike voyage.

Now to rebuild the front suspension, repair the boot (trunk) mechenisem, so the stupid thing will open, then next month on the road to Darwin, following in my own footsteps as I have done all this 4 or 5 times before but on my much modified Triumph America.

When you get to Perth get in touch (I might be here)

Happy travelling!

.......ThumbUp........ThumbUp.....

Road trip (test)

Our trip to Darwin didn't eventuate due to a variety of reasons! However we have just completed a test run from Perth to Karratha WA of 3000 klms return. We own a small camper trailer and needed to test the Goldwing trike with the trailer behind, ready for our retirement travels, purchased a solar panel, inverter, with controller, and regulator along with a 60litre fridge/freezer.

Not off to good start with losing a wheel off the trailer 2klms from home, going again 20 minutes later, all went well fuel stops just in range, trailer sits excellent behind us, convenance of cold beer with a chicken salad on the highway, also stopping to camp when we want, nothing better! Stayed in unpowered caravan sites a couple of times, also free/camped on the side of the highway mostly, mobile service was good everywhere except at Lyden, (small free camp)a bit of walking solved that! Fuel was up and down with $2.76 per litre the most expensive, but we expect to pay more in the outback!

Some mods to do to the trailer, some maintenance issues to sort, but basically all good and ready.

Now gearing up, leaving in Dec 1(?) on to Adelaide first, then visit our son in Sydney NSW for Xmas after that Coffs Harbour, then Brisbane Qld, no definite plans after that yet.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png