Trike Kit

Hello.. New Member Here.

I'm Seriously Interested in a Trike Kit for my 2001 Road King FLHPI. The only Kit that seams to be Affordable is through "DNA" But, they don't have break down pictures of what all you will be Getting in the Kit.

..My Question Is: How many of you have Bought one of these Kits and got everything needed for the Conversion?

Hello.. New Member Here.

I'm Seriously Interested in a Trike Kit for my 2001 Road King FLHPI. The only Kit that seams to be Affordable is through "DNA" But, they don't have break down pictures of what all you will be Getting in the Kit.

..My Question Is: How many of you have Bought one of these Kits and got everything needed for the Conversion?

Pat....I can't answer your questions about what the kits contain but i'm sure someone with that knowledge will chime in soon, In the mean time i can ..Welcome you to Trike-Talk..:wave4:

Hello.. New Member Here.

welcome probably have better luck posting this in the harley section

Welcome from the other side of MI.

In my research on my trike options 8 years ago, DNA did not have a very good track record. It looks like they are doing better. I thought Frankenstein was the cheapest and stronger way to go. I eventually went with Champion, a much stronger unit.

As we grow older we think we have out grown our wild driving and just will take it easy.

Wrong, at 76, it's still too much fun out cornering the 2 wheelers in the twisties. That requires a strong swing arm. Some of the ones on cheaper models do not look strong enough to last.

You might find these helpful.

http://www.oldinc.com/trikefendersbodyaxle/trikebodyaxleswingarm.html

http://www.paughco.com/2008-catalog/pdf/SECT01-trikes.pdf

https://www.frankensteintrikes.com/trike_kits_flt-flh-roadking_2013-up_page.html

Hello.. New Member Here.

Welcome to TTF Patrick,

The DNA kits are not completely awful, they are very bare bones kits that will require some fitment and fabrication skills for the installer. I have heard heard a lot of negative feedback on fitment issues regarding their swingarms and a lack of support, so be aware of that going in. Hate to bash anyone, but this is especially true for one of their more prolific dealers by the name of thetrikelife on eBay. I'd advise staying away from that dealer. If you want to pursue the possibility of purchasing one of their kits, I would advise calling DNA direct in California.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png