2022 MID-WEST TRIP

Jul 16, 2019
Jeannette
Season's Greetings All!

The wife and I are planning a 4–5-week road trip early July 2022 before we are unable to. We will be leaving from Pennsylvania with plans on getting to the Badlands area then start our tour. Riding an average of 200-400 miles per day to take in as much as possible. This will include Sturgis and surrounding popular sites then on to Cody, Chief Joseph Hwy, Yellowstone, Beartooth you get the idea!

We have been riding for 40+ years and have never trailered our bikes before. I was hoping to ride the Trike the whole way from Pennsylvania, but health issues have started to catch up with both of us. I don't really want to use up 3 to 4 days to get to the Badlands from Pa. on the trike being that this is the boring part of the trip. we could get there in 1 day pulling a trailer!! Did I just type that!!!!

We are looking for advise on a safe place to leave my truck and trailer for 4-5 weeks in or around the Badlands?

Any suggestions and advise is greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays!

Ron

The Wall drug sounds like a good suggestion for parking. While you're there make it a point to skip the Corn Palace. It was just a glorified flea market the last time we were thru there, mostly junk from China.

PC

Many years ago I did a bicycle trip. Drove to the little town that was my starting point and went to the local police station to ask about a safe place to leave my car. They were kind enough to let me leave it in their parking lot. Good to let the local LEOs know about your extended parking place regardless of where you park. Good luck and have fun..... Jim

The Wall drug sounds like a good suggestion for parking. While you're there make it a point to skip the Corn Palace. It was just a glorified flea market the last time we were thru there, mostly junk from China.

PC

Yeah but it is still a spectacular place to behold. One of a kind. Flea market or not I sure wouldn't miss it if in the area.

Thanks, Great idea of letting the local LEO know of our plans!

I reached out to Wall Drug via email this morning.

Here's their response:

Ron,

Wall Drug Store does not have the extra space. I suggest contacting the Wall Badlands Area Chamber of Commerce. They may know of someone that would provide this service for you. Their phone number is 605-279-2665.

Sincerely,

Anne Jo

Wall Drug Store, Inc.

Many years ago I did a bicycle trip. Drove to the little town that was my starting point and went to the local police station to ask about a safe place to leave my car. They were kind enough to let me leave it in their parking lot. Good to let the local LEOs know about your extended parking place regardless of where you park. Good luck and have fun..... Jim

Something similar was my experience. Many years ago I was attending Sul Ross State University in the very small, remote west Texas town of Alpine. It came time for my departure but my sister was coming in to finish her college education. i packed up all my dorm room stuff into my car as my sister was arriving by train from San Antonio and would be using the car and needing the dorm room stuff. I asked the little local police station if I could leave it in their parking lot for a couple of weeks until my sister arrived to pick it up … they said sure, no problem. But then, that was a more trusting and simpler time..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png