Passenger Floorboard 96SE 1500

Triker Mike

TOI - Washington
Jun 1, 2009
Bridgeport,Wa.
Are the passenger floorboards hard to take off? I need to replace the rubber boots on both sides. And my haynes doesn;t even mention them:Shrug:

I replaced the floorboards on Her Purpleness, a 1995 gl1500SE, with Kury transformer boards a few years ago. They weren't hard , but they are a but fussy to work on. I remember I had to leave the mount on the bike as there are cables going to a lever to unlock the boards to raise or lower them. They were easier to work on raised, IIRC. The factory manual is a valuable tool to own, even if you have othe manuals. They all seem to cover similar things in different ways. Get one on ebay, at the Honda dealer, or download one at goldwingdocs.com.
I would scan the relevant page and email it, but my scanner is for the gone XP box, and won't work with my Windows 7 machine.
This may help- an exploded diagram of the floorboards from Bike Bandit:

1996 Honda GL1500SE GOLD WING SE Parts, 1996 Honda GL1500SE GOLD WING SE OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com

Good luck and have fun!

Ozarkryder Thanks I thought honda put a block on the on line manual .So off I go to do some downloading

I think you may be right - looks like you have to get a manual from a third party and pay for it. At one time download was free, but...

Hope the exploded drawing on Bike Bandit helps. I put that in my favorites - the schematics are free, and a great resource. I've even ordered from them out of apprecciatipn for the exploded view parts drawings.

I also put it in my favs.Thanks again. Am I reading it right $63.00 for the rubber boot? At that rate I'll either go without or find an alternative

On my '95 Se there are two small slotted machine screws under the outside edge that needed to be removed to allow the rubber boot to be slid up. The bottom of it is tin and must be slid away from the bike some then up.
After the boot is loose at the bottom, you can get to the two allen head screws that mount the footrest to the frame.
After removing them, the release cables must be disconnected then the footrest is free of the bike.
All of this is best done with the rest released into the upper position at the start.

Hope that this has helped.

Rich

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cantgetright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cantgetright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png