lose sound from speaker's when riding.

This just started yesterday. While riding and listening to my CD. I lost sound. Switched to radio. Still now sound. Stopped the bike turned it off Turned it on then all started working again. I had sound. Now the radio was lit and all the display's worked fine but no sound when this happen's. It did it again today when ridding it down the road. Any ideas or answer on fixing the problem would be appreciated. Old Hippie.

Do you have a headset plugged in? If so and intercom enabled the vox could be set so low that it activates and mutes other audio.

This just started yesterday. While riding and listening to my CD. I lost sound. Switched to radio. Still now sound. Stopped the bike turned it off Turned it on then all started working again. I had sound. Now the radio was lit and all the display's worked fine but no sound when this happen's. It did it again today when ridding it down the road. Any ideas or answer on fixing the problem would be appreciated. Old Hippie.

Tricky here

same thing happened to me and my Harmon Kardon stereo on my Harley. Apparently Harmon K stereos don't like vibration. A friend of mine told me he sent his stereo to "IRON CROSS AUDIO". Im assuming its an HK sterio in a Harley. I sent my stereo to them and they know all the weakness of this stereo. It has been repaired. Its winter here and Im doing other work on my ride and haven't tried it yet but im sure its fixed. Check out their website and contact them.

Tricky here

same thing happened to me and my Harmon Kardon stereo on my Harley. Apparently Harmon K stereos don't like vibration. A friend of mine told me he sent his stereo to "IRON CROSS AUDIO". Im assuming its an HK sterio in a Harley. I sent my stereo to them and they know all the weakness of this stereo. It has been repaired. Its winter here and Im doing other work on my ride and haven't tried it yet but im sure its fixed. Check out their website and contact them.

Good idea. OP said he was listening to a CD so its definitely not a BoomBox. Iron Cross has been around for many years and I know several friends who have used them with good results if the radio system needs repairs.

Kinda like picking a # when you don't know year of trike & type of radio. Have not seen a CD player for a few years on a HD.:confused::confused:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png