BT -46 Tire Experience

FRR

Oct 12, 2012
Batavia Ohio
Have anyone replaced the stock Goldwing front tire with the BT-46? I have 10,000 on my Trike and my front tire is up for replacement. I always put the BT-45 on my earlier Trikes but learned that the 46 has replaced it. Looks a bit wider but wondering if anyone has already replaced their tires with a 46 and how do you like. Thank you in advance

BT-46

Have anyone replaced the stock Goldwing front tire with the BT-46? I have 10,000 on my Trike and my front tire is up for replacement. I always put the BT-45 on my earlier Trikes but learned that the 46 has replaced it. Looks a bit wider but wondering if anyone has already replaced their tires with a 46 and how do you like. Thank you in advance

I'm watching this thread hoping we get some reviews. I'm ready to order a rear tire for the front.

Thanks for the post

Last edited:
I'm watching this thread hoping we get some reviews. I'm ready to order a rear tire for the front.

Thanks for the post

I'm surprised no one has responded to this. Noticed fewer participates on the site. When I get my new tire installed later this winter I'll post results

BT-46

I'm surprised no one has responded to this. Noticed fewer participates on the site. When I get my new tire installed later this winter I'll post results

Read couple reviews on Amazon and other sites. All positive on Wing trikes.

Have you found BT-46 lower than Amazon (shipped from Chaparral) @ 127.69?

Born and raised in Alliance, OH. Ever get down to North Ga? I live just over an hour from the Dragon.

Last edited:
Read couple reviews on Amazon and other sites. All positive on Wing trikes.

Have you found BT-46 lower than Amazon (shipped from Chaparral) @ 127.69?

Born and raised in Alliance, OH. Ever get down to North Ga? I live just over an hour from the Dragon.

That's just about what I paid. Going to wait to have it mounted until March/ So far, still wrapped up in plastic waiting for warmer weather

That's just about what I paid. Going to wait to have it mounted until March/ So far, still wrapped up in plastic waiting for warmer weather

I had it mounted a couple of weeks ago and put about 80 miles on it last week. Good traction and control. Much better than the stock front tire .

BT-46 on Goldwing Trike

I ordered mine from Amazon and it shipped from Chaparral Motorsports within 3 days (after the dealer told me it was on backorder from their supplier). My cost was $128 and my dealer charged $60 to install since it wasn't ordered through them. They wanted $250 to order through the dealership and included free installation, so I saved a few bucks by bringing in my own tire. No complaints with the new tire on my 2019 Roadsmith trike after 3,000 miles. I'm hoping it lasts longer than the stock tire which lasted 12K miles. It's hard to say if the ride has changed materially compared to the original tire, but it definitely is as good or better.

I ordered mine from Amazon and it shipped from Chaparral Motorsports within 3 days (after the dealer told me it was on backorder from their supplier). My cost was $128 and my dealer charged $60 to install since it wasn't ordered through them. They wanted $250 to order through the dealership and included free installation, so I saved a few bucks by bringing in my own tire. No complaints with the new tire on my 2019 Roadsmith trike after 3,000 miles. I'm hoping it lasts longer than the stock tire which lasted 12K miles. It's hard to say if the ride has changed materially compared to the original tire, but it definitely is as good or better.

My tire is on and has been since middle February. I'm here in Florida riding everyday. Front tire gives me better handling and stability. I never buy from dealers. Way too much money.

BT-46

Recently installed BT-46 getting ready to VA this weekend.

Only have few hundred miles but loving it compared to Avon Cobra. Upcoming ride will be few thousand miles....we'll see

Recently installed BT-46 getting ready to VA this weekend.

Only have few hundred miles but loving it compared to Avon Cobra. Upcoming ride will be few thousand miles....we'll see

Now have 6,000 miles on the BT-46 front tire. Still no complaints and it looks like new. Tread wear is not apparent yet, but likely to start seeing some by the time it gets to 10K+. Will keep you updated if anything changes...

BT-46

We're back from Va. Total mileage was 1574 miles. Really like this tire compared to Avon Cobra.

Played with air pressure, and as I did same with Avon......and its double edged situation. Meaning if you want softer ride you probably riding with low 30's in front and low 20's in rear tires.

For handling and for me (2up) its minimum of 38-39 in front and 26-27 in rear. Ride wasn't bad at all.

Last edited:
BT-46

After 9383 miles on BT46 I had to change front tire. Wear was down to tad less 3/32"

Leaving on trip next month to Wisc/upper Mich that will be at least 3k miles.

I now have a fresh BT46 born Dec last year.

I've never got more than 12k on many, many miles on two wheelers.

So I'm use to change front tire at least every year. Gonna put few hundred miles on it with 42lbs.

Actually it rides pretty good with 42lbs.

After 9383 miles on BT46 I had to change front tire. Wear was down to tad less 3/32"

Leaving on trip next month to Wisc/upper Mich that will be at least 3k miles.

I now have a fresh BT46 born Dec last year.

I've never got more than 12k on many, many miles on two wheelers.

So I'm use to change front tire at least every year. Gonna put few hundred miles on it with 42lbs.

Actually, it rides pretty good with 42lbs.

Thanks for the update on these tires. I usually run 40 in my front tire - currently have about 6400 miles on my front tire and it looks pretty good.

My bikes usually get about 21K on the front and rear tires. Now that i have moved to the trike, nt sure what to expect.

See you are headed my way - Ilive in Lake Orion, MI. If along the way, you need something - drop me a note.

Don

Thanks Don

Thanks Don....my cell 770.595.2398..... send a text or call and if I'm close coming south maybe we can get together. Looked up your location.

Doubt you will ever see 20k on trike front tire. But when you do change you would really like the BT46.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png