Am I crazy for wanting to get a Tri Gide and selling my Freewheeler

Oct 29, 2021
Manahawkin
Am I crazy for wanting to get a Tri Gide and selling my Freewheeler

For many years I have always wanted to get a Tri Glide, I bought the freewheeler ,liked it , and made the front look like a Tri Glide. But it does not have the ride and the storage as a Tri Glide. The bike I have has a lot of options not on a stock freewheeler . I can get a 2016 with 7K on it for what I can for my 2017 freewheeler (4K) and about $3000 , problem I only had my bike since Sept last year. I have to convince the wife who no longer rides with me.

For many years I have always wanted to get a Tri Glide, I bought the freewheeler ,liked it , and made the front look like a Tri Glide. But it does not have the ride and the storage as a Tri Glide. The bike I have has a lot of options not on a stock freewheeler . I can get a 2016 with 7K on it for what I can for my 2017 freewheeler (4K) and about $3000 , problem I only had my bike since Sept last year. I have to convince the wife who no longer rides with me.

You just have the I want something different 🐜 bug…

I have always wanted a Tri Glide ever since they came out. (when they first came out I was just married and the new wife did not have a problem with getting one). But, I always knew I did not have the money for one. But now I am ready to retire, have the money and I want one . We will see if the deal works out.

I have always wanted a Tri Glide ever since they came out. (when they first came out I was just married and the new wife did not have a problem with getting one). But, I always knew I did not have the money for one. But now I am ready to retire, have the money and I want one . We will see if the deal works out.

I can tell by your Key Strokes that you won't be happy with someones else used Tri-Glide,

Bite the bullet and get a new one and then you can add all your farkie's to your harts content....ThumbUp.

No Tony your not crazy, you have just got the itch. When I was looking at trikes

my first choice was a basic black Tri-Glide and then I rode a FreeWheeler which to me

was a whole lot better ride reminds me of a Road King with an extra wheel.

It all boils down to what makes you happy.

Your wife may enjoy the Tri Glide ride. People have been known to fall asleep riding in that comfortable setup :).

I never rode a Freewheeler. But about 90% of the reason I ever purchased my first Trike was because we were retired and the DW wanted to ride more. I think if you ride 2-up a lot then a Trike will probably work out much better all around.

Rhino 2 I don't mind a used Tri with low miles under 10 K miles. I could still make it my own. But from what I have seen most are almost stock, just some with lights or exhaust. I am thinking a 16 or 17 Tri.

The Freewheeler I bought ( used ) had a lot of chrome and the faring , but I felt it was missing something in the front. I have seen other Freewheelers set up like mine. The front of mine kind of looks like Tri now , but not the ride and the storage. I probally could sell it and get all my money back, but in NJ you pay almost 7% sales tax. I may be better off trading it in and not letting the state make the money.

Rhino 2 I don't mind a used Tri with low miles under 10 K miles. I could still make it my own. But from what I have seen most are almost stock, just some with lights or exhaust. I am thinking a 16 or 17 Tri.

The Freewheeler I bought ( used ) had a lot of chrome and the faring , but I felt it was missing something in the front. I have seen other Freewheelers set up like mine. The front of mine kind of looks like Tri now , but not the ride and the storage. I probally could sell it and get all my money back, but in NJ you pay almost 7% sales tax. I may be better off trading it in and not letting the state make the money.

I had a 17....Make sure all the recalls...And service bulletins were performed..

I have a 17 and if I could go back in time I would have kept my 16 Tri considering all the issues I have had with my 17. After many trips to the HD shop for warranty work it now seems to be ok. If its more storage find a used pull behind a trailer, we have one and we never take a trip without it. We even use it to go grocery shopping.

I traded my 16 Tri in for my 20. I had no issues with the 16, not one warranty issue. Can't say the same about my 20. If I remember correctly 16 was the last year of the Rushmore engine. It was rock solid, Traded it with 47,000+ miles on the odometer

New Tri Glide

I can tell by your Key Strokes that you won't be happy with someones else used Tri-Glide,

Bite the bullet and get a new one and then you can add all your farkie's to your harts content....ThumbUp.

I agree...a 2019-2021 will run you 31-35000 and you can buy new for just a few bucks more...GET A 19 UP THEY ARE WORLDS AHEAD OF THE 18 DOWNS!...Whole different bike and a better Mil8 114 motor...ride an 18 down then get on a 19 up you'll see what I mean...the only ?? you'll ask is "Where do i sign?"...LOL

I agree...a 2019-2021 will run you 31-35000 and you can buy new for just a few bucks more...GET A 19 UP THEY ARE WORLDS AHEAD OF THE 18 DOWNS!...Whole different bike and a better Mil8 114 motor...ride an 18 down then get on a 19 up you'll see what I mean...the only ?? you'll ask is "Where do i sign?"...LOL

The used market is holding high retail value and sales are up

Expect to pay premium for them for the near future

I was told by the dealer that they are getting top dollar on both Freewheelers and Tri-glides. The good thing is I have the 2017 Freewheeler PAID OFF. So I will have a big down payment and a small payment to buy the bike. I have it on Marketplace now but I don't expect it to sell for a while.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png