How Common Are Flat Tires On A Trike?

Good advise. However, there are times when insurance isn't worth a dime.

The two times I called AAA for a tow because of a flat on my two wheelers they didn't have anybody who was capable of picking it up on their list even though that coverage was in my plan and this was in New Jersey. Managed to limp it home both times, but it wasn't a pleasant experience.

I had a Slime in my Jeep for a while. I didn't like the valve nozzle. It was so poorly designed by the time I got it off the valve stem half of the air I put in had bled out. I prefer the screw on type fitting. Very minimal air loss.

To use The Slime in the picture you remove the valve core..[The black cap is the removal tool].....Then you squeeze in the slime reinstall the valve core ...And then use the compressor to fill the tire ...So theres no air loss...

To use The Slime in the picture you remove the valve core..[The black cap is the removal tool].....Then you squeeze in the slime reinstall the valve core ...And then use the compressor to fill the tire ...So theres no air loss...

Not what I meant. It's the nozzle on the air compressor that's the problem. Getting it off was such a chore that it would bleed out more air than I put in, that's why I prefer the screw on type nozzles for a air compressor.

I have always carried a compressor, plug kit and a can of Fix-a-Flat. Never had to use it on my bike but used it twice for people that were riding with me. I like the Fix-a-Flat because you don't have to remove the valve core. Just screw it on, inflate the tire with the air in the can and ride or roll the bike slowly for a few feet to coat the inside of the tire with the sealant then use the air compressor to top off the air if the can doesn't inflate the tire to riding pressure. It will even work on a tire with a tube if the tube isn't ripped. I carry the larger size can of Fix-a-Flat.

Sunman

An important thing to know about towing services is that all I am familiar with (HOG / AMA / insurance policy) will only transport to nearest dealer. AAA will transport motorcycle up to 100 miles wherever you want it to go. Motorcycle coverage is an 'add on' to AAA membership. It is not included with standard auto membership . . . but it is very affordable.

In close to 200k miles I've found one nail in my rear tire. It was not flat, I noticed it when doing a pre-ride inspection.

I was out of town and had my plug kit with me.

I also carry a USB rechargeable air pump with me. I use it all the time to keep the tires at the correct PSI. Have also helped many other folks out with it while on the road. Here's a LINK to it.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png