handlebars

I had a set of 14" apes put on several months ago. It certainly is more comfortable riding for me. Last week I rode a buddy's trike for a few miles and he has stock handlebars. It made me realize how hunched over I used to ride instead of sitting upright.

I have the wild one's 12.5 high bar myself, as posters above have the high bars also, I'm very happy with what I have, basically have had high bars for over 30 years, on 2 trikes and several 2 wheelers. Now quite a few on here have the Khrome werks 2+2 bar in narrow or wide, if at all possibel find somebody that has different bars and see if you can sit on it to see if you like what they have, also some dealers have used bikes with different bars and that could tell you

Good luck, big decision, you want to make sure the bars you get are right for you, otherwise money spent and not happy and then more money spent for different bars.

All for now Trampas

I'm 5' 8" and have Khromewerks 2t2 wide sweepers and I love them, bar height is related to your height, 14-16 bars would be to tall for me in order to keep my hands at or just below my shoulders. And welcome to Trike Talk.

I didn’t start the thread but I’m 6’3” and long bodied. I am a bit skeptical about the 16’s, but the Indy shop doing the work measured me on the trike and said that 16 would be the best for me. You may see a set of 16’s for sale on the site soon!!! Haha

I'm 5' 11" and went with the 12" KST Mayhem Bagger handlebars on my 2020 TG and could use existing cables. They are a great improvement in ride comfort and shape flows well with batwing fairing. I have the DK 1.5 inch tank lift and the handle bars clear the tank just fine.

Attachments

• BFDAE720-4F2A-407D-9C18-6B2D4221965A.jpeg
    BFDAE720-4F2A-407D-9C18-6B2D4221965A.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 412
I have a 2021 Triglide, LA Chopper twin peaks 14 inch bars. My clutch and brake levers sit approx 1 3/4 inches higher than the front speaker pods and bat wing. I am 6-3 and they work great for me. I went looking around dealerships sitting on bikes to see what was good for me. Took a soft measuring tape that would go in pocket and measured as I checked. Found what fit me best. Not so much the name brand bars, but the dimensions that fit me and then went looking for bars that had what I wanted.

I mistyped the wrong size apes in an earlier post, I actually have 12" on my trike and not 14". When I was initially thinking about changing I mentioned 10" to the dealer. He reminded me that the stock bars are actually about an 8" rise so switching to 10" wouldn't make much difference.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png