09 Venture Hannigan Possibility

Hi wanted you guys opinion on this;

I have a white 96 GL1500SE Motor trike, it's doing fine, so far so good, I ran onto this 2009 yamaha Venture with 54K and a Hannigan full kit with floorboards on it which looks great (Kit was put on new in 2009) I own a Royal Star Tour Deluxe 2 wheeler and like the engine. However it IS carbed like the 96SE You probably know more about pricing than I do so thought I'd ask. I think I can buy this Venture for 12500. I'm sure I can sell my nice 96 Model easily priced within reason Is 12500 a "buy it now and dont look back" price for this Venture Hannigan, or should I put another 1500 or so to it and look to buy an 01-04 GL1800 with a decent kit which as you know is Fuel Injected?

What would you do?

1. Ride what you got?

2. Sell and buy the Venture for 12500?

3. Save a little more money and get into a GL1800?

Thanks for your opinion! Tom

My current ride: 96 GL1500SE, and Venture Below it:

Attachments

• gl1500t2.JPG
    gl1500t2.JPG
    591.9 KB · Views: 77
  • gl1500t3.JPG
    gl1500t3.JPG
    590.7 KB · Views: 71
  • gl1500t5.JPG
    gl1500t5.JPG
    596.6 KB · Views: 72
  • gl1500t6.JPG
    gl1500t6.JPG
    585 KB · Views: 77
  • yamtrike2.jpg
    yamtrike2.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 72
  • yamtrike1.jpg
    yamtrike1.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 69
  • yamtrike3.jpg
    yamtrike3.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 68
  • yamtrike5.jpg
    yamtrike5.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 69
I own that exact same 09. My previous ride for 10 years was a 99 Royal star venture with the same Motor Trike set up. we loved our 99 and rode it everywhere, but my wife was never really happy with the solid axel ride. last year we came across a 09 RSV with hannigan, the ride is so much better, would not go back. picked up our 09 with 23000 miles for $12000. so I would have to say the price for the bike your looking at is about right. by the way your Honda is beautiful.

I have no experience with Motor Trike and am not comfortable on a wing but I can comment on the RSV/Hannigan.

I own'd the RSV and had it converted with Hannigan. it cost me $13000 to have the conversion done. No way I would take $12000 for it.

The ride is great once I got it dialed in. (shock setting and tire pressure)

Handling is excellent. No cruiser can keep up in the twisties if I don't want them to.

I don't know how big a power difference there is between a GL1500 and an RSV but I believe the wing will win in this category.

Power on the RSV come's at higher rpm's.

Have you rode the RSV/Hannigan?

That's the only way you're gonna know.

I love my RSV Hannigan. Most likely my last motorcycle.

I have no experience with Motor Trike and am not comfortable on a wing but I can comment on the RSV/Hannigan.

I own'd the RSV and had it converted with Hannigan. it cost me $13000 to have the conversion done. No way I would take $12000 for it.

The ride is great once I got it dialed in. (shock setting and tire pressure)

Handling is excellent. No cruiser can keep up in the twisties if I don't want them to.

I don't know how big a power difference there is between a GL1500 and an RSV but I believe the wing will win in this category.

Power on the RSV come's at higher rpm's.

Have you rode the RSV/Hannigan?

That's the only way you're gonna know.

I love my RSV Hannigan. Most likely my last motorcycle.

I'm torn between getting the RSV Hannigan and keeping the Wing

What i'll have to do is ride the RSV if it's still avail then see

The RSV will definitely outrun the older gl15...(having owned a RSTD with same motor)

but the Wing is fine...at 12500 firm the RSV/HANNIGAN is probably not a steal but I can easily sell the wing and put a few thousand to it no big deal

The only problems I forsee with the Venture and why they dont have as good a resale value is

1. it's CARBED (4 carbs) and will be expensive if should ever need rebuilt,

2. NO REVERSE tho one can be put on (1500)

HANNIGAN KITS now cost 18000.00 for the RSV and the GL18 (I called)

You must have had that done back in 09 or so

Finally there are almost NO true trikes to be had under 12000

GL18s START at 15K-18K so in that respect the venture is a good buy

I'll try to get a test ride scheduled, the guy selling it bike was his dads who's since passed and he's over 100 miles from his dads house so we'll see. I keep updated

as to not having reverse, I find my trike rather easy to push around. much easier then my previous owned rsv motor trike. the carbs are pretty reliable and only need to synchronized once in a while. run a fuel system cleaner couple times a year. join a royal star venture site and facebook page which there are several for tech and maintenance info. Ventureriders.org is very good.

I agree with Mike and Steamer, go ride it and visit ventureriders.com great people and they know the RSV inside and out.

my in-laws bought the 2008 trike last year and that price is right in there, we all ride together and I can say it rides much smother than my TriGlide

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png