Cost Of Gas

Filled up my car at Costco this afternoon and paid $5.16 for 87. 91 Octane was $5.36 a gallon. That station was busy. They have 32 pumps and it is constant traffic. Passed a Shell station and premium gas was $5.99.9 per gallon.

I remember back in 1973 the big Story was that the gas pumps couldn’t read/Register past 99.9 A gallon’That was easily fixed…

Guess it'll be the same "fix" when gaso. gets to $10/gallon.

PC

Regular was $4.689 today where I fill the trike. Ten days ago it was a buck less per gallon at the same station. That's more than a 25% increase in just the last 10 days!!! Sure wish my 401K increased as fast as the gas prices..... Jim

Staying warm

I can stay home , not drive and be safe . If you heat your home with fuel oil , you better have a good warm sweater or a warm spouse :cold: .

Pumps and dispensers were mechanical back then. Been digital since about 1980. I was in pump and tank over 13 years. Look at the displays next time you gas up,you'll see how high price can go!

The price of fuel is now affecting my lifestyle. A day of riding plus lunch is now costing me about 50 bucks. Last year that same fuel and meal costs were about half that much. So, I have now cut my regular group riding from three days/week down to two.

This morning I fought the crowd and long lines at my local Costco fuel station and filled my Buick for 30 cents less per gallon than other stations in the area. That Costco has 20 fuel pumps and there were 4-5 vehicles waiting for each pump station. And, of course, I got into the slowest moving line.....

And.....I'm starting to reassess my plan of doing an extended (4-6 week) road trip this summer. Fuel, lodging, and meal expenses are quickly putting the trip expense beyond my budget. Oh well, at least I still have my sanity...... :xzqxz: ...... Jim

$4.699 for 93 Octane at Exxon here in the heart of the Texas hill country today.

We don’t plan to cut down on rides but have decided to take a picnic lunch along and forego the restaurants. No high meal prices, no bad food, no tips.. we did this during the covid shut-down mess and really enjoyed it. Restaurants were closed then but convenience stores with gas pumps were all open so got gas and pit stops there… except for a couple of emergency bush stops…;)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png