Hi y’all- just joined -question on Tri-glide OEM shocks

Mar 18, 2022
Prescott, AZ USA
Hello from Prescott, AZ…

My name is Ted and I’m new to this site, new to the Harley world as well as now owning my first trike! Looking forward to perusing the subjects on this forum! Thanks for the warm welcome!

One thing I would like clarified. I’m hearing a lot about the OEM air shock on the Tri-glides being junk. I have a 2015 and it seems to be holding pressure fine. Are there after market shocks for the Tri-glides that are that much better? If so, what are they? And will a lift kit also improve the ride?

:welcome:Theodore , there are threads on the issue , coil over shocks . As far as the rough ride , it’s the nature of the beast. Ride safe.

Welcome to Trike-Talk from Alabama. The answer to your question would be yes and yes. I did the lift on my 2014 and it did help, was not hard to install and does not really lift the trike much it changes the angle of the shock. I have not done the shock replacement just to expensive for me. Good luck

Welcome to TT from Ohio. Yes on both. I did both on my 2016 when I had it. If you decide get the 14" ProAction shocks. I didn't need the lift on my 20 but you will like it on the 15. Also when your in need of rear tires, Goodyear Comfortred have a softer sidewall (nicer ride) 22 1/2 air pressure will also feel much better. Not to mention, those tires will be less expensive then Dunlop. Safe travels.

Hi Theodore ,:welcome:to Trike Talk

You need to get a hold of D K Customs to help you sort out the solutions for your shocks and lift kit

They have done extensive testing on shocks and lift kits

See this link, their contact info is @ the top right of the page

https://www.dkcustomproducts.com/pro-action-dk-custom-14-harley-trike-series-shockstm.htm

What Jack said above.

Greetings from your Northern Neighbor! The lift is a must which I purchased from DK Customs. I have not upgraded my shocks yet but also entertaining installing independent suspension.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png