Arizona Gathering 2022

Well finally home in Ohio. 4438 total miles on this trip. Met some new (to me) members & saw a few old friends. Kurt had some great rides for us. Enjoyed every day. Cold coming home though. Now to wash all those pesky bugs, from the last 4 days off !! THANKS Kurt.:Coffee:

Thanks to you and your lovely bride or making the trip. Photos and a recap of the gathering coming real soon.

Kurt

AZ Recap

Had a great time at this years gathering! Met a group of new riders...and some of the veterans. What a great group of people! 2 couples, 3 solo riders. Kurt had picked some amazing roads...each days ride was better than the last! A little damp for a couple days, but nothing that couldn't be handled.

Kurt and Sally, thank you for the great meal...and camaraderie at the campsite with the group was a great way to spend the afternoon.

Really looking forward to next year...whether Eastern AZ, Central AZ, or new riding area. Arizona is way more than dry desert landscape.

Thanks again,

Bill

PS....

I happened to leave my phone at the house after locking up and getting ride to the airport. FYI there are no longer

payphones at airport terminals. :gah: Had boarding ticket on the phone, so a little hard to check in...luckily, had a paper copy of the itinerary with flight and confirmation # so got a printed boarding pass. Told a lady on the plane my predicament, and she lent me her phone. Called my wife...she almost didn't pick up because of unknown phone #...would've served me right! She called the friend that drove me to the airport, they had keys for the house...and phone was on the desk by the front door. This was Saturday...it was in the mailbox here at home on Monday afternoon....Great trip!

Last edited:
I've been walking around like FESTUS from Gunsmoke since I got back from Prescott. Hat a little accident on Saturday the 8th and tried to run over my right leg with my trike. Parked on an incline, released the parking brake, dropped it into 1st gear and as I was picking up my right foot caught something on the pavement and dragged my foot back under the passenger floorboard and now my leg is a nice shade of blue from about eight inches above my ankle to my heel. It didn't bother me much until the drive back home on Wednesday. Thursday i got up and could hardly walk. Friday went to Urgent Care and spent most of the day getting checked for blood clots. With the Neuropathy that I have in both legs It will probably take a long time to heal. Other than that it was a good trip to the Arizona gathering.

Rmitchell55 and Halfnormal

Ray, sorry to hear about your bad luck with that pesky parking brake and rear wheel. Can't imagine the pain...and you were already walking 'tough'. It was great to meet you on the AZ ride, and glad you had a safe trip back.

Larry, it was great to meet you and your wife on this adventure. We'll be back south the first part of January for the winter season...would be nice to meet up. My wife said my Christmas present will be a lanyard for my phone ... but I still have to remember to loop it over my neck! :D

Bill

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png