Arizona Gathering 2022

TonkaDriver

450+ Posts
Feb 26, 2018
Bagdad, AZ, USA
With Spring arriving it seems like a good time to start thinking about plans for our October ride in Arizona.

I have a question for those interested in joining us for this year's gathering. For the Eastern Arizona Ride the dates would be 9/29 arrival and 10/03 departure. How would participants feel about moving Location to the Prescott area as our base and the dates to 10/08 arrival and 10/12 departure. The date change is to give the weather in the lower elevatios to cool off. Those of us that will be camping will be within 10 miles of Prescott. (exact location to be determined as I am currently scouting). For those not camping Prescott offers several options for lodging as well as restaurants.

I have Put together three rides with the shortest being the day 2 ride so we can have lunch in camp. If you click on the images you can open the PDF for a better look at the maps and directions.

View attachment Camp Cookout Loop.pdf

View attachment Jerome Sedona Loop.pdf

View attachment Prescott to Oatman.pdf

The ride to Oatman, AZ is the longest in miles but moves pretty fast as only a third of the miles are at less than 65 mph. The miles shown are one way so the total will be 350+.

The short ride takes us down Yarnell Hill to the Granite Mountain Hotshots Memorial as well as Whiskey Row in Prescott.

The Jerome, Sedona, Camp Verde ride is the most scenic of the 3 rides.

Hoping to get some feedback on the proposed changes.

Kurt

Hey Bill,

From all the responses I have seen it looks like the consensus is Prescott Oct 8-12. It looks to be a possibility for a good turnout.

Kurt

Thanks Kurt, really interested in this & it is on the list for this year. We are not doing any long distance rides this year,so sounds good. I see there is Prescott & Prescott Valley. Witch do you recommend for lodging?

Thanks Kurt, really interested in this & it is on the list for this year. We are not doing any long distance rides this year,so sounds good. I see there is Prescott & Prescott Valley. Witch do you recommend for lodging?

I would suggest Prescott because it would be about 30 minutes closer to the area we would be camping in once I nail it down to an exact spot.

Kurt.

Room is Booked!

Booked a room at the Prescott Rodeway Inn. Check in on 10-8 and out on 10-12. It seems to be centrally located and Hwy 69 & I-88????? I think as we get closer to October the rates will go up. That happened to me last Fall when I was trying to put a ride together. The rates went through the roof very quickly as tourist came to the area..... Jim

Booked a room at the Prescott Rodeway Inn. Check in on 10-8 and out on 10-12. It seems to be centrally located and Hwy 69 & I-88????? I think as we get closer to October the rates will go up. That happened to me last Fall when I was trying to put a ride together. The rates went through the roof very quickly as tourist came to the area..... Jim

Booked at Quality Inn same dates. Just up the road from you ,1105 East Sheldon Street

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png