Handlebar Question

Bouncer

50+ Posts
May 16, 2021
Milwaukee, Wi, USA
I'm changing my handlebars.

Can anyone tell me from experience what height bar I can install on my 2017 tri glide without having to replace the brake and clutch lines.

I want to be able to adjust the bars in any position I like, not limited to straight up next to the fairing because pulling them back makes the lines look like stretched rubber bands. That's not my idea of a good fit even though they will fit.

Thanks, Jeff

I'm changing my handlebars.

Can anyone tell me from experience what height bar I can install on my 2017 tri glide without having to replace the brake and clutch lines.

I want to be able to adjust the bars in any position I like, not limited to straight up next to the fairing because pulling them back makes the lines look like stretched rubber bands. That's not my idea of a good fit even though they will fit.

Thanks, Jeff

I put 2+2 Sweeps on my 2020 Tri. Didn't have to replace the cables but I won't be able to go any higher without replacing.

Thanks,

Does anyone have a part number for the 2+2 widesweepers that fit the 2017 trike?

There seems to be several variations of the same name bars.

Thanks,

Does anyone have a part number for the 2+2 widesweepers that fit the 2017 trike?

There seems to be several variations of the same name bars.

I don't have the 2+2 bars but do know there is a wide version and a narrow bar versions, that is what I know, maybe somebody will chime in, I do know that the people that have them like them and it is about half and half if they have wide or narrow, personal preference

All for now Trampas

Most use the narrow 2 + 2 sweeps

Narrow Part number 300518

Wide Part number 300516

Thanks, and I see the difference now.

Both bars are the same width

I thought that was the difference between them but it's not.

The narrow is 29.7 deg hand position

The wide is 39.0 deg hand position

I never liked the old school wheelbarrow style handlebars back in the day.

I preferer a wider hand position.

Reactions: GTK
I did the 300813 bars on my 2017 Triglide. Wide 2+2 sweepers in black. The only issue I had with them was the holes for the wires were very small and I had to ‘relieve’ them a little. The black powder coat is well done and perfect for my black bike. You might consider replacing the rubber bushings with poly ones while you are in there.

Thanks, and I see the difference now.

Both bars are the same width

I thought that was the difference between them but it's not.

The narrow is 29.7 deg hand position

The wide is 39.0 deg hand position

Finally, a definitive comparison between the wide and narrow bars

I did the 300813 bars on my 2017 Triglide. Wide 2+2 sweepers in black. The only issue I had with them was the holes for the wires were very small and I had to ‘relieve’ them a little. The black powder coat is well done and perfect for my black bike. You might consider replacing the rubber bushings with poly ones while you are in there.

Those are the 27.9 deg which makes them the wide sweeper.

Thanks for the info.

I put KST Kustoms 12" Mayhem Baggers with no need for extensions on my lines. I have a 2015 with Hyd clutch. Not sure about a cable clutch. I love the bars.

Kurt

Just put the 2+2 narrow sweepers on my 2020 Tri Glide. No cables needed, and they make ALL the difference.Love them, a much more comfortable position and way easier to steer the bike.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png