2022 Tri Glide Ultra

jimhd89

20+ Posts
Jan 4, 2010
n.e. Pa. Whitehall
Hello Everyone. Last month my wife and I brought home our new 2022 Tri Glide Grey and Black We had a 2016 Tri Glide. Great bike. Yesterday I took it out for the first time,made it 3 miles up the road.Stopped at light in first gear. It got stuck in first would not shift to second gear. heard a couple bang sounds and aloud clicking noise. got over to shoulder safe. tried all i know to get out of first no luck Called dealer he came out. After 15 minutes he finally got it to shift but still was noisy. They loaded in trailer and took to dealer. Has anyone had this happen on new trike? It only has 12 miles on it. Thanks in advance. jimhd89.:confused:

Hello Everyone. Last month my wife and I brought home our new 2022 Tri Glide Grey and Black We had a 2016 Tri Glide. Great bike. Yesterday I took it out for the first time,made it 3 miles up the road.Stopped at light in first gear. It got stuck in first would not shift to second gear. heard a couple bang sounds and aloud clicking noise. got over to shoulder safe. tried all i know to get out of first no luck Called dealer he came out. After 15 minutes he finally got it to shift but still was noisy. They loaded in trailer and took to dealer. Has anyone had this happen on new trike? It only has 12 miles on it. Thanks in advance. jimhd89.:confused:

Sorry to hear of your problem, Jim. FWIW, my 2021 Tri Glide at times clunks hard into second gear… only second. Most times smooth like any other gear. And at times tricky to find neutral.

I’m approaching 1000 miles after picking it up last month.

I’ll be curious as to what the dealer finds.

Best of luck. 👊🏼

Jim....Haven't heard that before, But things happen ' Hopefully the dealer will get you fixed and back on the road shortly ...When they do find the problem let us know..

2022 tri glide

Thanks everyone for reply’s. Dealer will work on it Tuesday. I will let you all know when I hear something. This is my first M8. Lots of new stuff to learn on all the safety and electronics. Everyone stay safe in the wind. Ttul thanks for your help.

2022 Tri Glide

Hello everyone. Got my trike back today. Dealer said the clutch needed to be adjusted. Seems to be working now. I’ll ride this weekend and see how it goes. Oh ya when the service guy was bringing it out. He misjudged the rear fenders and another bike. Now the edge of my fender needs to be touched up wheel well. So it will be going back. Thanks Ride safe.

Hello everyone. Got my trike back today. Dealer said the clutch needed to be adjusted. Seems to be working now. I’ll ride this weekend and see how it goes. Oh ya when the service guy was bringing it out. He misjudged the rear fenders and another bike. Now the edge of my fender needs to be touched up wheel well. So it will be going back. Thanks Ride safe.

When it rains it pours…😟.. At least they got the clutch fixed…

I got a new 2022 Tri (black and grey). I have trouble shifting out of first. I bought a heel shifter to help. My guy is telling me that it is in “break-in”, so it will get better. If not, it will be going back to him to adjust.

I got a new 2022 Tri (black and grey). I have trouble shifting out of first. I bought a heel shifter to help. My guy is telling me that it is in “break-in”, so it will get better. If not, it will be going back to him to adjust.

Tell him to adjust the clutch;)

It makes a huge difference, adjust the cable and the clutch basket

They are never set right from the factory

I have a 2019…With the heel shifter and down shift only with the toe/foot shifter And only Up-Shift with the heel…Been doing it that way with all my Tri-Glides (2011/2017)..Me’ I find it shift’s with out a problem and also my boot doesn’t get the black mark from the toe shifter..

"Oh ya when the service guy was bringing it out. He misjudged the rear fenders and another bike. Now the edge of my fender needs to be touched up wheel well. So it will be going back. "

On a new trike they would need to replace the fender to make it new again for me. They have insurance for that very reason.

New fender needs to be installed. New bike..., Hope you get it all taken care of. Maybe see you up that way one day. Our son & family live on Neffs Laurys rd & we ride up there a couple times a year.

2022 Tri Glide

Hello everyone. Just an update. Dealer took off fender and sent it out for repair and repaint. Took two weeks,got it back looks great! Back in the wind. Thanks to you all for your reply. Ride safe! :scooter:

shifting gears

Well had it happen I finally got out of gear brought to a dealer he said welcome to the Harley world

not happy after dropping 41K but it has gotten better with the best tech available now why a break in period

for a shifter .

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png