Suspension Upgrade

DOKK

300+ Posts
Dec 17, 2020
Manchester TN USA
I went riding today and my stock Harley shocks were at ZERO. I just pumped them up the other day. I'm ready for my 40k service so I decided to spring for the Stage II suspension upgrade kit from DK Customs with the 14" NexGen rear shocks with lift. I average about 600 miles a week just going to work and back and then another couple of hundred more on the weekends after spring and usually average 12k-15k a year for all 12 months. I hope the ride will be much better than the last 20k since I bought the trike.

I went riding today and my stock Harley shocks were at ZERO. I just pumped them up the other day. I'm ready for my 40k service so I decided to spring for the Stage II suspension upgrade kit from DK Customs with the 14" NexGen rear shocks with lift. I average about 600 miles a week just going to work and back and then another couple of hundred more on the weekends after spring and usually average 12k-15k a year for all 12 months. I hope the ride will be much better than the last 20k since I bought the trike.

Anything is better than the stock shocks....

I also ride 12-15K a year and now am pushing 75000 on my 2017 TG.

I ran Stock air shocks DK's Lift Kit until last month and changed them over to the 14" Nextgen with Lift Kit.

I have to say that it will be one of the best upgrades you can make to your TG.

I wish I would have done it a lot sooner, although the Nextgen option just recently became available, but the 14" Pro Actions shocks have been around for most of the time I have had mine.

I also put a Pro Action kit in my front shocks a couple years ago and that made a big difference on the front end.

With both upgrades the bone Jarring bumps on the way have become a minor annoyance while the smaller bumps have all but disappeared.

The Nextgen shocks are another Great Product from DK Customs!

I have several of their products on my TG and they all have outperformed expectations.

Bob

I also ride 12-15K a year and now am pushing 75000 on my 2017 TG.

I ran Stock air shocks DK's Lift Kit until last month and changed them over to the 14" Nextgen with Lift Kit.

I have to say that it will be one of the best upgrades you can make to your TG.

I wish I would have done it a lot sooner, although the Nextgen option just recently became available, but the 14" Pro Actions shocks have been around for most of the time I have had mine.

I also put a Pro Action kit in my front shocks a couple years ago and that made a big difference on the front end.

With both upgrades the bone Jarring bumps on the way have become a minor annoyance while the smaller bumps have all but disappeared.

The Nextgen shocks are another Great Product from DK Customs!

I have several of their products on my TG and they all have outperformed expectations.

Bob

Thanks Bob. That's what I like to hear. I also have many of their products and plan to add a couple more. They are definitely top notch.

Great to hear folks are enjoying their rides more with the improved suspension.

Brian, I believe you are going to be very pleased with the improved ride quality And improved handling (it will stay flatter thru the curves).

NEXGEN™ Trike Series Shocks™ are just that...the Next Generation in Trike Shocks. With the dynamically adjusting valving, it takes rider and passenger comfort to the next level.

We spent over a year developing these and are very happy with the end result. We hope you will be also.

Kevin

Great to hear folks are enjoying their rides more with the improved suspension.

Brian, I believe you are going to be very pleased with the improved ride quality And improved handling (it will stay flatter thru the curves).

NEXGEN™ Trike Series Shocks™ are just that...the Next Generation in Trike Shocks. With the dynamically adjusting valving, it takes rider and passenger comfort to the next level.

We spent over a year developing these and are very happy with the end result. We hope you will be also.

Kevin

I just hope my rears ship out today since the FST are on back order.

Got the rears in the end of last week and the trike is at the shop now getting them installed. I will be back on it this weekend and will update with the results.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png