Quote Originally Posted by DK Custom Products View Post
Sorry they messed up your install, glad they got it taken care of for you.

Are you sure about the oil gauge? I am not with my manuals right now, but seems to me that the sensor is in the same location as the Twin Cams. Maybe Jack can chime in on that.

In any case, there are thousands and thousands of M8's out there with oil coolers & oil filter relo's that all have rubber hose (as well a hundreds of thousands of Twin Cams with rubber hoses) and as long as they are installed correctly there is no issue with them.

Rubber hose and hose clamps have been the standard for decades, both on motorcycles and automobiles. But like anything else, they have to be installed correctly.

Your post does bring up a point that we have noticed in the last few years. There is a growing ignorance of HOW to use a hose clamp among the youth (probably goes hand in hand with the slow death of common sense occurring). We did a video that some may find interesting about hose clamps (most people tighten them too much and cut into the hose).

Kevin
There is a hex plug in the corner of the M8 oil pan one can use to install a oil gauge, problem being the rotary oil pumps pump so damn much volume by the time you looked at the gauge the oil pan would probably be empty, be warned the plug in the front of the oil tank can possibly crack the boss on the pan when removing it

Another way to plumb an oil gauge kit would to use a splitter fitting @ the oil pressure switch