A Trip to Minnesota, Another Nightmare

Jack Klarich

18000+ Posts
Oct 11, 2016
Jax, Fla USA
I had to go to Mn last week for a celebration of life for my mom

She died December 20th, 5 days shy of her 89th birthday( born on Christmas day)

Getting there was not a problem, the return trip is where the problems began

the day of our flight back home I gave myself a 3 hour window to get to the airport and return the rental car

Well, the car would not start ( dead battery), I called Budget to get a jump. I thought this would go pretty smooth

Nope, after calling 3 times, ( I already had to cancel my return flight) a tech shows up to jump the car

First words out of his mouth You left a light on. That is when I snapped. I said, so I dont even have the fob in my possession maybe you can tell me how the radiator fans are running and the radio is on

That shut him up

We got to the airport in plenty of time to make a later flight I had to pay an additional $500.00 for ( I am not done with SW Airlines over this

I spoke with a distric manager from budget about the car rental and got no where

When I got home I googled the CEO of Budget, I called and left a voice mail

I be damned he called me back, we had a good chat, after I pleaded my case to him, he told me I was 100% correct that the rental had a bad battery and was in the shop for electrical issues.

When it was all done, the CEO gave me back the rental fee and apologized. I feel justified on this

As I said before I am not done with SW Airlines, and will continue to work on getting my cancellation (money) on the original flight back even if I have to get vouchers

We did cancel in plenty of time according to their own written policy, and I have the screen captures on my phone to back me up

We all need to stand up when we feel victimized by corporate America, Nuff Said, I am glad to be home:cool:

I checked my debit card today, The CEO of Budget credited my account today + extra $50.00 for my aggravation.

I am impressed, nothing from SW Airlines charging me an extra $500. plus not saying word 1 about the cancellation I was entitled to

Now I think I will let Discover card handle this one:p

I always use Discover for airplane tickets just because, and this is a just because case now

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png