I wonder if I install a vent in my windshield if it would stop the buffeting

Thanks Tony, and sorry for the confusion. I was directing my “eliminating wind” comment to the two posts previous to mine. Your posts have all been informative.

bike_Fang.jpgBike_Fang2.jpg Well no buffeting even at 85 MPH

Also the heat from the right side by the leg , Its gone . I will write a better explanation in a few hours. I wrote the darn thing only to loose it twice..

Attachments

• bike_Fang.jpg
    bike_Fang.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 76
OK this is the third time to write this;

The fangs worked . The tilt on the windshield with the vent (open all the way) and the fangs did the trick. One thing to note , the vent was closed and pressure opened the vent all the way while testing. And there was an added bonus with the DK wings and tank lift.

The buffeting is gone. I tried to see how fast I could go to see if there was any buffeting. I went on the Garden State Parkway where the speed average is around 80 MPH plus, I went plus , I got to 85 MPH and not any buffeting.

The wind is now down under my arms, and I feel a little more wind on the lower part of my legs. My glove no longer was getting sucked toward the windshield. No negative pressure by my head and the air goes over my head from the windshield .

Now the bonus: You know the heat on your right leg coming from the engine, well it was gone too. I thought I was imagining it. So I checked it at 25-30 MPH and it was gone. I am thinking the fangs moved the air outward and the normal negative pressure (air) was grabbed by the 45 degree air wings (I think the 1.5 tank lift helped) ,and diverted the wind down ward, I know this sounds crazy , but I did have the heat before I installed the fangs.

So the fangs really do work with the wings (for me) and they might be throwing more air to the rear of the engine. I have no way of testing this maybe someone could test this with a wind tunnel some day.

This may or may not work for you , but it sure worked for me. Thank you for the likes and thank you's. Tony

One other thing , I have a new windows 11 computer. Sorry for the pictures tilted the wrong way , I can not seem to get them to load correctly. That is why I wrote this 3 times I lost the other 2 trying to correct the pictures.

Just an FYI on the heat on the right side

The dreaded right side heat : I did get it moved, I felt some heat on my right calf. So I did move the air downward with the air wings. If I move my foot forward an inch or two I don't feel the heat . If I put my feet on the foot extensions , I feel the heat on my right leg. It must have something to do with redirecting the air when I stick my legs out. Just to let you all know.

PS: What do the stars mean?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png