Trailer for two trikes?

New member here - retired long-time rider, first time on trikes. My brother (2000 GL1500 CSC trike) and I (2007 GL1800 MT trike) are planning trike trips in our "Golden Years - HAH!" On some of them it would be more convenient trailering the trikes to the ride starting points, but we would much prefer not needing to use two vehicles.

I welcome any input as to what size/length tandem axle utility trailer would best accommodate the two rigs?

Thanks

Welcome Randall !!!! I would think some careful measurements and possibly some practice parking of the two rigs would show you how much room is needed to be safe. But a very nice enclosed trailer and a good strong tow vehicle would be in order. Good Luck!

Welcome Randall.....

My CSC trike pretty much fills up the space on my 6 X 10 open aluminum trailer. If you go with an enclosed trailer, perhaps backing one trike in and loading the other forward would help reduce the needed size. Hope this helps a little..... Jim

Hi Randall, :welcome:to Trike Talk

Good luck in your search for a suitable trailer, I dunno much about trailers but I would probably be looking at maybe a car hauling tandem axle trailer

Hello Randall, welcome to the forums. I've got no words of wisdom on a trailer to haul 2 trikes.

I guess the first question is how much your willing to invest.Just a guess but I would say 24 - 28 foot enclosed would be the easiest.They can be found used since they are used for hauling cars.Without getting into goosenecks the longest open trailer you usually see is 18 foot and even backing one on thats probably cutting it close.Not saying longer open trailers aren't built but finding 1 might prove a challenge.Also backing up the ramp might be hard on the wings starter if it would do it.

Trailer for two trikes

I had a 22' open car trailer made by a local company who manufactured their own product. I carried my wife's Thoroughbred Stall and my Motortrike without any space problems. Just make sure they get the proper percentages where the axles are located. Only other problem seemed to be the tire tread scrubbed of fairly quickly. Could have been the axles were out of alighment.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png