Road King trike questions

B

Buck1

Hello all. I have a 97 Road King with the Frankenstein rear end.

I have a few different questions but instead of starting a thread for each question I will ask them all here.

First I bought 8" extended forks for this bike thinking I can extend the front end out a bit. I have been told elsewhere I will be screwing up the geometry of my steering and will make it dangerous. Is this true?

I also purchased the 7 degree rake triple trees from Frankenstein but was also told it makes little to no difference in the ease of steering. True or false? I have dual rotor front brakes and the triple trees do not look as wide as the stock. Has any one else found the same problem?

Next question.

I purchased the separate inner and outer fender brackets from Frankenstein to save a few bucks and because I put 10 1/2" wide tires on back. Frankenstein does not seem to have a finished fender bracket assembly made for my bike with the width tires I put on it but the question is if anyone knows a less expensive fender I can adapt to fit over my tires. Trailer fenders are a option but not one I really want to use. Any other ideas?

Lastly, I have back issues which is the reason I do not feel safe keeping 2 wheels upright with my legs so I went with the trike to try to be able to ride again. I need a good solo seat that will help absorb as much road bumps as possible even though my bike has air ride suspension. Any suggestions on a good solo seat?

Thanks all for any help and suggestions.

Buck

Hello all. I have a 97 Road King with the Frankenstein rear end.

I have a few different questions but instead of starting a thread for each question I will ask them all here.

First I bought 8" extended forks for this bike thinking I can extend the front end out a bit. I have been told elsewhere I will be screwing up the geometry of my steering and will make it dangerous. Is this true?

Yes and no, too much leverage can make steering clumsy

I also purchased the 7 degree rake triple trees from Frankenstein but was also told it makes little to no difference in the ease of steering. True or false? I have dual rotor front brakes and the triple trees do not look as wide as the stock. Has any one else found the same problem?

Raked trees is a better idea than extending forks

Next question.

I purchased the separate inner and outer fender brackets from Frankenstein to save a few bucks and because I put 10 1/2" wide tires on back. Frankenstein does not seem to have a finished fender bracket assembly made for my bike with the width tires I put on it but the question is if anyone knows a less expensive fender I can adapt to fit over my tires. Trailer fenders are a option but not one I really want to use. Any other ideas?

Check craigs list a Flea Bay for used Fl Rear fenders and fab your own brackets

Lastly, I have back issues which is the reason I do not feel safe keeping 2 wheels upright with my legs so I went with the trike to try to be able to ride again. I need a good solo seat that will help absorb as much road bumps as possible even though my bike has air ride suspension. Any suggestions on a good solo seat?

IMO, Mustang seats are the best, tho stiff until broke in, you can also have seats modified here,

https://www.meancitycycles.com/

Thanks all for any help and suggestions.

Buck

Best of luck and welcome to Trike Talk

get the police solo seat that they had for the road king. best solo seat available

adding raked trees does help with the steering. i added 7 degrees to my "07" road king when I triked it.

no help on the extensions

Good Luck

these are my opinions which i paid good $ for other will probably vary

7 degree rake triple trees = best mod you can make for easier steering!!

was also told it makes little to no difference in the ease of steering. this person should crawl under a rock and be verwy verwy qwiet! or we will get elmer fudd on his case!!!!

8" extended forks = looks cool but makes steering harder! when u add trees front of bike drops i think about 4 inches will bring it back level.. never tried it but it is possible 8" with 7 degrees will be ok but certainly level would be better

I have dual rotor front brakes and the triple trees do not look as wide as the stock. easiest to measure the u KNOW

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png