Thoughts on Lehman with IRS

I'm considering buying a low mileage 2014 GW with a Lehman monarch II with independent suspension . How does it compare to other trike kits like CSC or roadsmith etc. ? Should I stay away from this one ? Are parts available ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I'm considering buying a low mileage 2014 GW with a Lehman monarch II with independent suspension . How does it compare to other trike kits like CSC or roadsmith etc. ? Should I stay away from this one ? Are parts available ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Christopher…. Welcome to Trike Talk 👍👍..

I can’t help much in the Lehman… but as far as parts being reasonable’ Nowadays Reasonable is a relative term !..If the parts are even available in a reasonable delivery time….

I had a 2008 GL1800 Gold Wing with a Lehman Monarch II kit. This was a SOLID axle trike kit.

I was not aware that an independent suspension was developed by Lehman for the Monarch II kit. This is the first I have heard mention of that kit having an IRS. You might want to double check that info.

Of course Lehman is out of business and parts have become less available. I sold that trike due to: 1) Lehman was out of business and 2) it was a solid axle and I was told people prefer the independent rear and therefore it would be harder to sell… although the trike handled and rode beautifully. I kept my other 2008 GL1800 with a Motor Trike Adventure kit with independent suspension. I did not regret the decision to keep the IRS kit; as well, Motor Trike is still in business.

Lehman built an IRS suspension trike based on supposedly the Champion IRS suspension. At one point Champion acquired Lehman and this is where their IRS trike was born. You could give these guys a call and they might be able to help you better.

CHAMPION TRIKES OF ARIZONA

617 S. McClintock Dr. Suite #3

Tempe, AZ 85281

480-597-3444ay

https://www.trikezone.com/storage/release/LLS_Release.pdf

Heres a file with lehmans announcement of the LLS Monarch II kits.

[h=1]Lehman to release two new trikes[/h]

February 14, 2013

Lehman Trikes USA plans to release its two latest trikes at the Dealer Expo this weekend in Indianapolis, IN. The two trikes are the newly re-designed Monarch II LLS for Honda GL 1800 models and the Renegade LLS for Harley-Davidson models.

“The LLS models (LLS is an acronym for Limited Lean Suspension) raise the bar for trike riding comfort and enjoyment,” said Terree Matson-McCoy, Lehman Trikes Vice President. “We are pleased to announce the new models feature Lehman Trikes’ new independent suspension with standard parking brake, optional Adjustable Lean Control and triple tree. The Monarch II LLS also has a standard reverse, the Renegade LLS offers it as an option, and both models offer many accessories.”

The new Lehman Trikes independent suspension features light-weight aluminum components, coupled with dual coil-over shocks, to provide a smooth and supple ride. Dual H-Arm suspension provides proper geometry for consistent handling and precise control. The optional Adjustable Lean Control allows the rider to choose their desired level of cornering performance. Both bodies have also been re-designed to accommodate the new suspension while maintaining the Lehman’s ever-popular seamless styling. Color match paint is available for both models as well.

The Monarch II LLS is available for Honda GL 1800 models, 2001-current. The Renegade LLS (pictured) is available for Harley-Davidson FLH models, 2002-current. Both models are available through authorized Lehman Trikes dealers worldwide. Introductory MSRP starts at $8,745 (US). This price does not include paint and installation.

For more information on Lehman Trikes and to locate a Lehman Trikes dealer, visit www.lehmantrikes.com or call 888-3WHEELS.

–From Lehman Trikes USA

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png