Vl800 2005 Lehman tramp trike

Jun 5, 2022
Larne
Hey guys, I bought this trike couple of years back , got it brought over to Ireland - love the bike but just wanted the check, it feels every hole or bump on the road , very little comfort in riding, feels solid to the point it’s very uncomfortable on bad surface roads - is this the norm for these trikes ?? Or do I need to look into changing the shocks?

Also is there any sites that sell accessories for these trikes ?

Thank you

Hey guys, I bought this trike couple of years back , got it brought over to Ireland - love the bike but just wanted the check, it feels every hole or bump on the road , very little comfort in riding, feels solid to the point it’s very uncomfortable on bad surface roads - is this the norm for these trikes ?? Or do I need to look into changing the shocks?

Thank you

Chris.......Welcome To Trike-Talk...:wave4:...First things first....Check the air pressure in the tires....If they are too high it will be like your on a pogo-stick....

Thank you

i'm with Rhino on this. to much air pressure in the rear tires will feel like a hard tale. try running 24# or below. i wouldn't go below 18# though

Ride

I have tried just about everything to correct the wobble that seems to plague the C50.

New front tire

Balance the rear tires

Stabilizer

Higher front window

I read a great post after doing all of this on another forum (sorry I can not find it) and what it comes down to is geometry. Most of the front end wobble comes from the rear of the bike and I have actually tested the theory and it is correct. I suspended the bike and simulated a driving situation with pot holes, smooth as silk. But the second you put pressure on the front forks and simulate a pot hole in the rear the front shakes.

What they should have done when they built them is give the back a better suspension other than the factory one. The wobble starts at the rear tires and works it way to the front. Air suspension on the rear diff would most likely solve the issue but I have just learned to live with it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png