Unlevel rear suspension

I am new to the forum and new to the trike world. I just purchased a 07 Goldwing with CSC kit. Cobra I believe?? The left side wheel well is 1 inch lower than the right side. How do I adjust this to level this out? Any help would be appreciated.

I am new to the forum and new to the trike world. I just purchased a 07 Goldwing with CSC kit. Cobra I believe?? The left side wheel well is 1 inch lower than the right side. How do I adjust this to level this out? Any help would be appreciated.

Darryl.. Welcome to Trike Talk..👍👍

Welcome to TT!

It is probably more to do with the installation of the trike body than the suspension. Try to get an accurate measurement from an original bike part, like center of bolts for passenger handles, to the ground. Your bike is likely completely upright while the trike body is installed a little off. If you have IRS, like I do, there is no adjustment for suspension to compensate for this. And, you wouldn't want to do so anyway because both sides are controlled by a single horizontal shock. I believe the body can be shimmed a little to make it look level. In any case a little tweak in the body installation doesn't affect handling. Hope this helps..... Jim

Welcome to TT!

It is probably more to do with the installation of the trike body than the suspension. Try to get an accurate measurement from an original bike part, like center of bolts for passenger handles, to the ground. Your bike is likely completely upright while the trike body is installed a little off. If you have IRS, like I do, there is no adjustment for suspension to compensate for this. And, you wouldn't want to do so anyway because both sides are controlled by a single horizontal shock. I believe the body can be shimmed a little to make it look level. In any case a little tweak in the body installation doesn't affect handling. Hope this helps..... Jim

Thanks Jim. Shimming the body makes more sense than trying to adjust the suspension. I will give it a try.

I know this may sound stupid. Check tire pressure and make sure they are equal in the back. More than once the evenness had to do with tire pressure.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png