Rear bearing mileage

Rogue1

400+ Posts
Oct 8, 2018
Ramseur NC USA
What can I expect for mileage out of my rear wheel bearings? Twenty-three thousand Miles right now and am considering new bearings and bearing retainer plates from DK. Everything is fine right now no wiggle, wobble, or Shake of any kind. So you know what they say, if it ain't broke..........

2019 TriGlide.

What can I expect for mileage out of my rear wheel bearings? Twenty-three thousand Miles right now and am considering new bearings and bearing retainer plates from DK. Everything is fine right now no wiggle, wobble, or Shake of any kind. So you know what they say, if it ain't broke..........

2019 TriGlide.

I don’t know what you can expect of the first set of wheel bearings but my experience with changing wheel bearings on side-by-sides and ATVs that when you put the second set on they don’t last half as long as the first set sometimes not even a third….🤔

2019 TriGlide.

40,000 is the most mileage i have ever gotten, but my bearings were still good, like you said "if it ain't .....

I dont think it is so much a mileage thing

There are more factors, like how much end play you have, how much riding in rain, noise, and others are factors

Another thing to consider, these are sealed bearings, not all bearings are created equal

Just my 2 cents

There are more factors, like how much end play you have, how much riding in rain, noise, and others are factors

Another thing to consider, these are sealed bearings, not all bearings are created equal

Just my 2 cents

My riding is done in adult miles. Only ride in the rain if I get caught in it which is rare. Everything appears to be tight back there but I do take long rides and I don't want to get caught in the middle of Bumfuk Egypt and have them take a crap on me

My riding is done in adult miles. Only ride in the rain if I get caught in it which is rare. Everything appears to be tight back there but I do take long rides and I don't want to get caught in the middle of Bumfuk Egypt and have them take a crap on me

Changing the bearings and adding the DK Customs plates will be a big plus IMO

2019 TriGlide.

Well if you saw my cheap HD bearing plates when they came off my one year old trike ,you might change your mind. I have DK now on my rear axles. Huge improvement over flimsy HD plates. These new plates are near twice as thick as HD. Glad I changed. Trying to remember, but I think there was less than 15k on the trike & those plates were scarred bad already

Just my 2 cents

I’ve poped the seals out and repacked them with water proof grease . Re sealed and good to go . Do it by yearly with my mower deck bearings also .

I’ve poped the seals out and repacked them with water proof grease . Re sealed and good to go . Do it by yearly with my mower deck bearings also .

Amen to that, same here. I do not trust them to be greased good when made

Too many times I see not enough grease and or grease that looks like Vaseline, only thinner

The book says a minimum 25ton press to remove and install the bearings. Really? I guess my 12ton press won't do it.

i dont understand... are these these made from crap to start with??

car rear bearing go on and on,,,, and a trike has a fraction of the weight

On the rear bearings on the HD Trikes it is not so much the bearing failing as the bearing retainer plate. They (the bearing retainer plate) are made of stamped pot metal.

Here is a video showing what I'm talking about.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png