Fork Brace - Do You Own One?

Do you have a fork brace on your trike?

• Total voters

Papa Zook

Staff member
Dec 14, 2007
Conroe, Texas
I am gathering information to see who among us has a fork brace installed on their trike and if so what brand. If you have a fork brace on your trike please select the brand of brace you have. Your screen name will appear next to the brand you select.

Very controversial subject!
IMHO:
1. Very questionable as to the need on a 2 wheeler. Some tell how much improvement w/one. Others tell of no difference with vs without.
2. Several of the Trike conversion manufacturers say(I agree)a fork brace is not needed on a trike!
I have long believed when most spend $$$$'s on such items, they are not going to admit the item(s) make no difference. Actually some will tout how get that widget is and how much better the bike runs/rides/handles or whatever.
By the way-you didn't include a "none" or a "I don't waste gas money on such stuff" response in your poll.

Last edited:
skuuter/SUPER BRACE.....They have also always improved the handling on 2-Wheelers I've added Them too, especially my last Gold Wing 1800. When Trike Companies say that They are not "needed", I'll agree, but still feel handling is definetly enhanced by the addition of one. A quick look at my Trike will tell Someone that I don't go for "Glitter-n-Farkles-n-Bling"...I'm all about Handling and any additions I make have to work. As much as my 2-Wheelers have improved from the addition of SUPER BRACES in the past, my Trike has improved even more because of actually having to be "STEERED" from a single pivot point.....ThumbUp

I have considered the idea of a brace but I have rode with then and without them and I can't tell the difference.

Hmmmm......mine definetly made a difference on my Trike...much more so than any of the 2-wheelers I've had em' on. To date, I have never had a Bike that it didn't make an marked improvement in, but my Trike and 2-Wheel Gold Wings have improved the most.....ThumbUp

The 1200 or 1300 frontends that I use have the brace made on them from the factory. On the 750 frontends they didn't come with a brace and have to be bought. Ebay carries many frontend braces as well as other vendors. They are realy fairly easy to find on ebay on the link I posted below. I personally would not ride a trike without a front brace simply because the trike does not lean and there is more pressure on the frontend. Bring I ride a home built rat trike with serious horse power there is much more weight on my frontend than the factory trikes. I make sure the frontend I use comes with the factory brace on it because until you ride a trike with the weight the cumtom trikes carry you may not can tell the difference but with my trike I can certainly tell the difference.

fork brace | eBay

the fork brace is MOST IMPORTANT on trikes,,,
Ever analyze to where the twist from the handle bars is being transferred. ?
there is a lot of twist (for the lack of a better word) going to the wheel in a tight turn.

I got my brace off ebay (blackwing) very nice part at about half the price and it made a big change in goldwing, its still on after i triked the machine, it just makes good sense to me to brace the steering.

I'm with Skutter, I read all I could about the Superbrace and other fork braces. Ask questions on this forum and gathered information. Choose the Superbrace, put it on and WOW what a difference in handling. The steering on our trike is much more positive and quicker response. Would not go back!! If I traded or bought another Goldwing trike a Superbrace would be the first thing I would add. Just makes sense to me.

Lets look at it from this point of view. The Goldwing is 900 plus pounds and all parts are engineered for that wt and you are leaning into the curves no wt on the frt. end. Now you put 350 or so more pounds on it and instead of leaning you are turning into the curve. Without the brace you have two holding points triple tree and axle. With the brace you have three. It just stands to reason that the frt end will be stronger. In the case of my Hannigan you could feel the difference I would not be without it.

Sonney

I'm with Skutter, I read all I could about the Superbrace and other fork braces. Ask questions on this forum and gathered information. Choose the Superbrace, put it on and WOW what a difference in handling. The steering on our trike is much more positive and quicker response. Would not go back!! If I traded or bought another Goldwing trike a Superbrace would be the first thing I would add. Just makes sense to me.

......ThumbUp :10:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png