AV91 Cobra Chrome

Thanks John, that’s better than anyone could ask for. I hope it works well for me. Some tire sizes are getting pretty scarce. I’m going to pull the trigger right away while it’s available.

From what I hear, that should work out just fine. Good luck with it. Mine is a 19” and I did find one online. Thanks, and be safe.

i had a 19" chrome on my 2020 triglide. Replaced it this spring with a lil over 17,000 miles on it. I went back to dunlop american elite.

Was there any complaints with the Chrome or are you saying the wear at 17k was the issue. BTW, I ordered the Chrome but couldn’t even locate a Dunlop AE.

It is my understanding that “trike specific” refers to a flatter or less rounded tire with a deeper tread. That same deeper tread on a (two wheel) bike would squirm and be awkward, if not downright dangerous.

We prefer Dunlops on our bikes - front and rear for my bike and front for wife's trike. Had an Avon once and it was terrible on the bike - threw it out before it was worn out.

Will probably get car tires for the rear on DW's trike when it needs them.

We prefer Dunlops on our bikes - front and rear for my bike and front for wife's trike. Had an Avon once and it was terrible on the bike - threw it out before it was worn out.

Will probably get car tires for the rear on DW's trike when it needs them.

Indeed passenger car tires will work on the rear and cheaper/ better than the factory Dunlops

I know there's a lot of differences between car and motorcycle tires, even though some riders adapt car tires to their two wheelers, but trikes are a different animal. Are the rear tires on our Freewheelers actually car tires?

I know there's a lot of differences between car and motorcycle tires, even though some riders adapt car tires to their two wheelers, but trikes are a different animal. Are the rear tires on our Freewheelers actually car tires?

Yes they are, speed rating T

An H rated radial would work no problem in the same size and is readily available almost anywhere

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png