Make your own trike lift/cheap

Burnerboy

2000+ Posts
Sep 2, 2016
Springfield, Mass. USA
I cut up a 4X4 board 15 inches long three (3)times..

Then using a jack, lift up the rear of your trike and place one cut 4X4 under each wheel and than lift up the front of your bike and place the last cut 4X4 under that wheel.......

This makes your trike now four inches higher, and still be level............... this give you more room underneath to work under it and room to service it..

You can also double that amount and make your trike 8 inches higher, and it's still level

Cost is next to nothing, and sure beats spending a couple of hundred dollars for a lift.......... just a suggestion here!!

Ronnie

7/17/22

Then using a jack, lift up the rear of your trike and place one cut 4X4 under each wheel and than lift up the front of your bike and place the last cut 4X4 under that wheel.......

This makes your trike now four inches higher, and still be level............... this give you more room underneath to work under it and room to service it..

You can also double that amount and make your trike 8 inches higher, and it's still level

Cost is next to nothing, and sure beats spending a couple of hundred dollars for a lift.......... just a suggestion here!!

Ronnie

7/17/22

Ronnie, I have been considering the same solution (8” lift). My only question is, does the 8” lift, under the wheels, give adequate clearance for fluid changes. Al

Ronnie, I have been considering the same solution (8” lift). My only question is, does the 8” lift, under the wheels, give adequate clearance for fluid changes. Al

I'm an oil/fluid changeOHLIC, oh yea, been doing it this way for years now, .....Sure beats trying to change oil and filter when it's on the tires....you still gotta lay on the floor to remove filter and oil bolt , but your 4/8 inches higher (depending on if your using one 4x4 or two).. having a board under each wheel keeps it level, an oil catch pan, fits easily under the bike..........

It just makes it easier to service, when bike is elevated, the 4 or 8 inches...........[again, this is just a suggestion/idea] that I'm throwing out to everyone.. OR you can spend the $1000,'s for a real lift..........:whiteflag:

Ronnie

7/18/22

Xxx

I'm an oil/fluid changeOHLIC, oh yea, been doing it this way for years now, .....Sure beats trying to change oil and filter when it's on the tires....you still gotta lay on the floor to remove filter and oil bolt , but your 4/8 inches higher (depending on if your using one 4x4 or two).. having a board under each wheel keeps it level, an oil catch pan, fits easily under the bike..........

It just makes it easier to service, when bike is elevated, the 4 or 8 inches...........[again, this is just a suggestion/idea] that I'm throwing out to everyone.. OR you can spend the $1000,'s for a real lift..........:whiteflag:

Z

Ronnie

7/18/22

You're talking like 2 by’s grow on trees 🌲…They ain’t cheap nowadays…

Ronnie

7/17/22

I did the same with 6x6

I have been using Car ramps for seven years on my Can Am spyder. I back the front wheels up the ramps so the ramps face forward to give me more room. I jack up the rear end and put a third ramp under the rear wheel. This gives me a solid base to work from. Also I can sit down thru most of the work I do.

For the cost of lumber today, you buy a real lift, so you can stand up to do that oilchange

if you have all that extra money, (not to even mention ALL the extra room needed for a real lift), your lucky..Go for it! :help: BUT I only have a small garage, (that to be truthful with you, I lived in my home now for 37 years, and never even had my car in that garage ... (enough room for my trike and lawn mower, and all my tools only....

Ronnie

9/23/22

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png