Floorboard Spacers

Nice addition to solve your heat problem.

I have Ciro highway peg mounts that keep my feet and legs out of the hot zone. They are positioned so that I can keep my heels on the floorboards and my toes on the highway pegs if I so choose. Most of my riding is endless stretches of non-stop country roads so I can keep my feet up most of the time.

Nice addition to solve your heat problem. I have Ciro highway peg mounts that keep my feet and legs out of the hot zone. They are positioned so that I can keep my heels on the floorboards and my toes on the highway pegs if I so choose. Most of my riding is endless stretches of non-stop country roads so I can keep my feet up most of the time.

Too far away from my brake pedal for NJ. Need that right boot ready at all times around here.

1 3/4 spacers

I just put 1 3/4 inch spacers on girl friends 15 Freewheeler. She went for a ride other day and took me about an hour to remove the burnt boot heel off the pipes. Hoping this will aide in preventing that and reduce the heat on her legs some.

I just put 1 3/4 inch spacers on girl friends 15 Freewheeler. She went for a ride other day and took me about an hour to remove the burnt boot heel off the pipes. Hoping this will aide in preventing that and reduce the heat on her legs some.

My left boot heel would contact the primary cover and leave a melted rubber mark there every time. With the extensions that's gone away.

I've never seen spacers that big. I've only seen as large as 1 1/4" spacers. Where did you get those? Did you make them yourself perhaps?

Put a set of DK's 1" on my 2022 as soon as I brought her home. Mostly for foot position, but it does help with felt heat (IMHO). Then I put an additional 1/2" spacer onto the front mounting bolts for a splayed effect of the board (feels more of a natural foot position to me). I can still reach the controls with ease and with the size of the stock brake pad, no problems there. I may get an extension for the shift peg, but It is manageable like it is. Then I went out for a test ride and wound up 250 miles away from home, I guess it is a comfortable position for me :).

Burnt leather or rubber

I found that using Easy Off oven cleaner works miracles in removing either rubber or leather from any hot surface. Get the pipes warm, NOT HOT, spray on the Easy Off, allow it to set for a minute, then easily wipe off the offending, burnt-on material. Does not harm the chrome. Can then apply, if so desired once the bike has cooled, polish to the clean area.

Morning Ladies & Gents ...

I am looking at a set of the 1" Floorboard Extensions from DK. They are really inexpensive and the concept makes sense. I have already installed an extended Chrome Brake Pedal and the Extended Shifter Peg as well so the 1" extension to the Driver Boards should "look" correct. I always put the "look" first, often times above comfort or function. I'm shallow enough (and confident enough) to admit that and the "look" is first priority to whatever I do ... That being said, my question is about the install of these spacers. Is it a "do it in my minimally equipped garage with simple hand tools" kind of install or did you have someone install them for you? As usual, any input is always greatly appreciated

Thanks so much

Morning Ladies & Gents ...

I am looking at a set of the 1" Floorboard Extensions from DK. They are really inexpensive and the concept makes sense. I have already installed an extended Chrome Brake Pedal and the Extended Shifter Peg as well so the 1" extension to the Driver Boards should "look" correct. I always put the "look" first, often times above comfort or function. I'm shallow enough (and confident enough) to admit that and the "look" is first priority to whatever I do ... That being said, my question is about the install of these spacers. Is it a "do it in my minimally equipped garage with simple hand tools" kind of install or did you have someone install them for you? As usual, any input is always greatly appreciated

Thanks so much

Get the DK Extensions… i’ve used them and there’s no problem they work as advertised..

I install them myself not at all a hard job it would a little helpful to have somebody else to help hold the clutch and break pedals up.. But it’s not at all necessary..👍..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png