I recently purchased from Painless Wiring a remote disconnect w/latching solenoid https://www.painlessperformance.com/wc/30206. The concept is that it is hooked into the positive side of the battery and with a one touch switch you can shut off the power to the bike. You may ask why? Aside from the obvious of reducing draw on the battery during an extended period or inactivity or thwarting someone from stealing it, I want to prevent another fire from a short. Yes, another fire. My wife's Thoroughbred Stallion shorted out and caused a fire in our house a year ago last July. Now I know a Goldwing would never do this; however, perfect paranoid is perfect awareness.

There is a wire from the power side of the fuse in the Painless system that can maintain constant voltage to something like the clock, which would preclude having to reset it each time you ride. There maybe other applications which I have not thought of. The bike is a 2012 GL1800 Roadsmith conversion. My question. Has anyone had any experience in this area or are smarter than me to suggest how to install or utilize the constant power side?

Appreciate any suggests or thoughts

P.S. - Do anything you can do to prevent a house fire to avoid at all costs dealing with restoration companies, insurance companies and a multitude of other problems and personal losses caused by the fire.

Thanks