1951 Harley Servi car rebuild

Nov 30, 2010
California
I joined up here months ago and haven't stayed current...way too busy with life. I thought I'd drop by and show some of the progress on the servi car rebuild. It has been a challenge to say the least. Luckily I am now on a first name basis with the folks at 45 restoration, throttle masters, AAOK and others. Slowly but surely she started to take shape. Here's a few photos. I've concentrated on the bike itself and left the back box for later. I wanted to get it running and road worthy before turning my attentions to the box.

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

I just picked up an after market front fender which will be headed in for paint this next week. There are a few things I want to change (bezel color and handlebar color will be black) and those items will be re-done as well. I just got the muffler this week, but with Easter and two little ones waiting or the bunny, that will have to wait until later today to bolt on. I'm waiting on a speedo cable and then that's it. I'll fill it with fluids and try and start her.

A bit more progress.

The silver anodized handlebars and speedo bezel seen in the photos above are now black, and I've added a springer fender in black to the front. I had the orginal horn working an restored, but it's a 6 volt version and my dad upgraded the bike to 12 volt. I went with a chrome replica that mounts just under the head light. Looks nice. I finally found a fuel tank adapter that connects to the old gas shut off valve and will allow me to put in a soft fule line, with an in-line fuel filter. All that's left is bolting on the muffler and putting in a battery box. More photos soon.

outstanding work :woohoo: My last custom build was a 1940 80 flathead started with the motor and went hog wild custom cylinders and heads from Sweden auto advance rigid straightleg frame on and on. anyway she looked like the day she rolled out of the factory in 1940 orange tanks fender and black frame. that was in 07 need to do a knuckle to have built all the motors put out by HD. well i sure am inspired by your work.
Regards, roger

Very nice work!! There's a gentleman about 5 miles from me with a 1973 servi thats original unrestored. Needless to say I have made it clear if he wants to sell it to give me a call. Love those old flatties!

Looks great. I am in the process of restoring my 51 servi. It has a 38' WLDR that my dad dropped in it back in the 60's. I traded my dad a 56 Willy's wagon about 25 years ago and have just now had the time to get into it. I have a guy doing some of the restor and have switched to a 12v system. He needs a wiring diagram to complete the change over. Anybody have any info on this swap? Thanks in advance.

I joined up here months ago and haven't stayed current...way too busy with life. I thought I'd drop by and show some of the progress on the servi car rebuild. It has been a challenge to say the least. Luckily I am now on a first name basis with the folks at 45 restoration, throttle masters, AAOK and others. Slowly but surely she started to take shape. Here's a few photos. I've concentrated on the bike itself and left the back box for later. I wanted to get it running and road worthy before turning my attentions to the box.

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

I just picked up an after market front fender which will be headed in for paint this next week. There are a few things I want to change (bezel color and handlebar color will be black) and those items will be re-done as well. I just got the muffler this week, but with Easter and two little ones waiting or the bunny, that will have to wait until later today to bolt on. I'm waiting on a speedo cable and then that's it.

I'll fill it with fluids and try and start her.

Im jealous.

If we were still doing trike of the month you would get my vote when it was finished for sure!

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

I just picked up an after market front fender which will be headed in for paint this next week. There are a few things I want to change (bezel color and handlebar color will be black) and those items will be re-done as well. I just got the muffler this week, but with Easter and two little ones waiting or the bunny, that will have to wait until later today to bolt on. I'm waiting on a speedo cable and then that's it.

I'll fill it with fluids and try and start her.

Would like to see an update. Did you finish it? ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png