Tri Glide Drift

A while back I posted about my Tri Glide drifting to the right. Of course I got al of hoo yah bout this is a three wheeler not a bike and you should be keeping your hands on the handle bars and of the notorious crowned roads statement. Now granted I am new to trikes but being a rider for more than thirty years I am pretty sure that I can figure things out.

With that being said with a little deductive reasoning I measured the distance from rear center axle to front center axle on both sides, and then again from rear center axle to each rear fender after all the measuring it turns out that my right rear wheel is almost 1 inch further back than my left rear wheel. Thus causing my drifting issue. Now there is only one thing to adjust this issue. That is called the Panhard rod assembly. Well that is way that the rear axle is adjusted. So all you key board experts, don't slam a newbie when they ask a question. Because with a little research they can really embarrass you, after all we are all riders.

:Dorag::GL1800:

V/R

Pops

A while back I posted about my Tri Glide drifting to the right. Of course I got al of hoo yah bout this is a three wheeler not a bike and you should be keeping your hands on the handle bars and of the notorious crowned roads statement. Now granted I am new to trikes but being a rider for more than thirty years I am pretty sure that I can figure things out.

With that being said with a little deductive reasoning I measured the distance from rear center axle to front center axle on both sides, and then again from rear center axle to each rear fender after all the measuring it turns out that my right rear wheel is almost 1 inch further back than my left rear wheel. Thus causing my drifting issue. Now there is only one thing to adjust this issue. That is called the Panhard rod assembly. Well that is way that the rear axle is adjusted. So all you key board experts, don't slam a newbie when they ask a question. Because with a little research they can really embarrass you, after all we are all riders.

V/R

Pops

You might want to have a look at a FSM to see how to adjust the rear axle

V/R

Pops

Let us know if the Drifting problem was solved by Adjusting the Panhard Rod…

V/R

Pops

You might want to try not insulting people that were only trying to help a new member that said they were new to trikes. I replied to your post as a fellow member and not a keyboard expert. Maybe you should try a little humility and gratitude that anyone took the time to read and respond to your post instead of acting like a keyboard commando and telling us how smart you are. If you are so smart you shouldn't have needed to post looking for help.

Kurt

Alright the drifting issue has been resolved. After I took several measurements took pictures, and took picture of the part I went to Harley and told them the whole story. They took the bike in and two days later bike is riding fine. Thanks for all the info.

V/R

Pops

Alright the drifting issue has been resolved. After I took several measurements took pictures, and took picture of the part I went to Harley and told them the whole story. They took the bike in and two days later bike is riding fine. Thanks for all the info.

V/R

Pops

Soo what was it ?

You might want to try not insulting people that were only trying to help a new member that said they were new to trikes. I replied to your post as a fellow member and not a keyboard expert. Maybe you should try a little humility and gratitude that anyone took the time to read and respond to your post instead of acting like a keyboard commando and telling us how smart you are. If you are so smart you shouldn't have needed to post looking for help.

Kurt

Good one Kurt.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png