Trike Insurance

I have had different companies but most I had to list the Trike Kit as an accessory to get it covered.

I now have Safeco but I may be going back to Progressive as they now insure a Trike as it stands. That is what I was told a couple weeks ago.

You will have to check that out for yourself to see if it is true or not.

I have never had a claim so can't say how any would have paid out. But definitely check different companies as the prices will certainly surprise you.

Make sure they insure the Trike as a Trike and not having to list it as an accessory or at least get that clarified.

Also your credit rating rates high in cost of insurance as well as where you live and your driving record.

Another vote for Jim Palmer. He's a biker, represents several companies, and can tailor a policy specifically for you. Much better experience than dealing with Flow's and the Lizard's on-line impersonal systems..... Jim

Just moved to Progressive this last Spring.....

One of the very few companies that will actually insure 100% of the trike, a lot of companies only insure the bike portion without telling the customer that.

If your policy does not specifically state a Trike or have Trike listed with accessory coverage.......stay clear.

OK, if you are a Vet, consider USAA. They insure all that I have, cars, house and trike. They also have a picture of my trike in their files - so, they know what it is all about.

OK, if you are a Vet, consider USAA. They insure all that I have, cars, house and trike. They also have a picture of my trike in their files - so, they know what it is all about.

My 2007 Streetbob got hit from behind in a parking garage @ work by a young girl insured by USAA

USAA tried to deny paying the accident coverage damage to my bike claiming there were no eye witness, too bad for them there was a State Trooper motor cop passing thru the parking garage as an eye witness, he also cited the driver of the car with 3 tickets

The only down side was my bike was Olive Drab Green and Black, it took the factory exactly 4 weeks to ship a new gas tank and rear fender

What is offered and how much it costs will vary from state to state.As stated most companies insure the bike with the kit considered an accessory.Most policies also include accessories but at a limit for your average 2 wheeler and needs to be upped considerably to offer enough coverage.If the agent tells you the they can insure the trike for the same as 2 wheeler don't walk run.

In Massachusetts it’s difficult to get trike insurance. I started out with Progressive and listed the trike kit as an accessory. 2 years ago they raised their prices considerably so I switched to Geico. If you think prices are rising for all types of insurance are going up you are correct. The government forced the insurance companies to pay everything and everything for Covid, sex changes, you name it. They said it was all “free!” Nothing is free. They just increase the rates on house, car, life and any other kind of insurance you can think of. They pretend that they’re screwing the big rich insurance companies but they’re actually screwing us, the rate payers as usual. LETS GO BRANDON!!!

Dairyland will also cover if the “accessory” coverage equals the value of the conversion kit. I guess that means you can gradually reduce the coverage as the trike ages.

What Ironhorse54 and Big Mack said is correct. I had to download the progressive app, take photos of the newly converted CSC Encore trike and supporting documentation for the conversion, and any other options i added to the trike on my own, and submit it to Progressive.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png