trike creeps in neutral

Aug 23, 2022
Edgewater
i just bought a 2014 trike. i change all the fluids when i got it home,17 miles there was no records with the bike. after riding a short bit 10 -20 miles. if im at a stop and put it in neutral (not ez) the trike will creep forword slowly.if i pull the clutch in it will stop. ideas on where to look?

i just bought a 2014 trike. i change all the fluids when i got it home,17 miles there was no records with the bike. after riding a short bit 10 -20 miles. if im at a stop and put it in neutral (not ez) the trike will creep forword slowly.if i pull the clutch in it will stop. ideas on where to look?

What make Trike do you have....???

2014 tri glide,looking for info on problem, trans fluid clear and at full level. would primary fluid do it ? with clutch lever out clutch basket and clutches should be locked and spinning main shaft on trans.

i never thought or that. can't try it now, hurracane is knocking on my door i'll have to try this on the weekend if roads are clear.

it is doing it in neutral not first. first gear will stall trike if you release to slow. don't think its a recluse clutch ,but i don't know 2 much about them.

It sounds like your slave cylinder is acting up , not releasing the clutch completely

You may try bleeding the clutch( even tho the fluid may look good)

that was one of the things i thougth of, but was hoping someone had this problem and how to fix it.,

See this link to see if any safety recalls are still open on your trike

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/tools/service-recalls.html

The clutch creeping was at 1 time a clutch master cylinder recall for clutch creeping, the previous owner should have been notified but this does not mean they had the work performed

You can read more at this link

https://www.lawabidingbiker.com/2014harleydavidsonclutchrecall2/

It's not unusual to put a stick shift car in neutral on the lift and have the wheels start turning. It's the viscosity of the oil dragging the gears around. If you pull the clutch in and it stops well that means your clutch is disengaging like it's supposed to.

Yes, i can see some creep possible with too thick oil or shaft issues, in trans. You have any trans noise?

My 2 speed auto in mine, moves under throttle snapping, reving it. It comes from builders adding one more plate in rebuild, for better life

It could also be that the clutch pressure plate needs adjustment under the derby cover?

It sounds like your slave cylinder is acting up , not releasing the clutch completely

You may try bleeding the clutch( even tho the fluid may look good)

"if im at a stop and put it in neutral (not ez) the trike will creep forward slowly.if i pull the clutch in it will stop"

clutch drag would be a good reason for finding neutral difficult but for creeping in neutral with clutch engaged,

clutch is out of the picture,, especially if it stops when the clutch is disengaged...

Sounds more like trans,

was the oil clean comming out? Magnetic plug?

Was the plug, too clean?

Like someone flushed it allready?

2014 tri glide,looking for info on problem, trans fluid clear and at full level. would primary fluid do it ? with clutch lever out clutch basket and clutches should be locked and spinning main shaft on trans.

Where is the level of your primary fluid in relation to the clutch plates? If you have the level too high it may be causing the clutch plates to drag. Did you fill the level according to the Service manual or just put in the fluid oz it has in the specifications.

Where is the level of your primary fluid in relation to the clutch plates? If you have the level too high it may be causing the clutch plates to drag. Did you fill the level according to the Service manual or just put in the fluid oz it has in the specifications.

if the trans is in neutral. how can the clutch have any thing to do with it???

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png