200,000 HD Touring Bikes Recall Issue Including Trikes

Dealer just called - my bike is ready. They did the reflash based on the bulletin and the cruise started to work again.

When they did the reflash, it took my bike back to a two-wheeler. I was wondering about the TPMS - not shows the front wheel and one rear wheel. Main thing is I don't have any warning lights about the low pressure.

He asked if he should try to redo it - and take it back to the three-wheeler. I am just a little concerned - first because everything is working and second, I may need the new brake sensor from Harley and that will not be in until after Christmas.

So, I am going to opt and just let it stay as is. The initial reason for having this done was to get rid of the warning lights from the low (missing) air pressure. This seems to resolve that.

I am headed out for the holidays - bike will be delivered to me when I return. Hey, I am happy with that.

Received the notice from the MOCO on the Wife’s CVO yesterday, its 27 deg.here this morn. with a high of 34…….. think we’ll wait awhile to make that appointment at the stealer, LOL!

Hope everone has a GREAT THANKSGIVING!

:Coffee:

Might as well ..Parts not available till after late Dec. as of now.

Has anybody had this brake light issue happen to them, or know of anybody it's happened to? Just curious as to how wide spread this deal is. Can't find out much about it.

Has anybody had this brake light issue happen to them, or know of anybody it's happened to? Just curious as to how wide spread this deal is. Can't find out much about it.

I am reading this recall as a potential problem that HD is trying to get out front on

I am not worried a bit over this yet, I figure if my cruise stops working, I know how to scan the codes and know how to read the diagnostic flow charts

I think HD has had ongoing problems with the anti lock brakes and traction control on trike models for at least 2 years albeit they did thru BCM re flashes fix many of the early systems

One other thing you brought a few posts ago, the switch they are replacing

This is the only switch I find that probably is the rear brake switch, other than the hand switch operated by the handle bar lever

Had the switch replacement done 2 yrs ago. The exhaust heat cooks them as it’s next to the cat on my 2012. No more cat no more issues.

Just an FYI: The Switch/Pressure Sensor is not located where yours was. The 2019 & Later that have the TCS System have the Sensor located on the ABS Module under the R/H Side Cover.

My neighbors 2020 had a brake light issue this past July. We were in Maggie Valley and his brake lights stuck on and his cruise didn't work. After we got home he pulled the brake light switch that sits on top of his ABS module and as soon as he released it a big puff of air came out, so after about two minutes some fluid started to drip out. So he screwed it back in, and the lights and cruise have worked ever since with no codes:confused:. He did get his notice for recall also.

Ya, I got my recall noticed from the Mothership about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I talked to a fellow triker at the HOG Christmas party last night. He said he talked to a Harley tech the other day. The Tech said there was a harness involved in the repair also. I've never heard of this.??????

Ya, I got my recall noticed from the Mothership about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I talked to a fellow triker at the HOG Christmas party last night. He said he talked to a Harley tech the other day. The Tech said there was a harness involved in the repair also. I've never heard of this.??????

Sir - take a look at the very last paragraph on page one of your letter. They mention "a new brake switch". This is the harness in which he is referring.

Parts are supposed to be in near Christmas

Picked up the trike from my 5K service, this was on the invoice:

Trike had open recall 0635

Installed 91500112 :Kit, Recall 0635 Signal, Brake L Qty:1

Claim Type SRC - Part # 41000341F

Labor Code 2818 - Time 1.8

Coming up on a 20K service on my '21 Freewheeler and I'm sure they're going to do the recall as part of it. I understand they have to flash the ECM and I always get nervous about them doing that. The Free is running great and I don't want them screwing it up. Has anyone heard of any downsides to having this done? The trike isn't exhibiting any brake light issues, but I guess it's not going to matter once it's in their hands.

Coming up on a 20K service on my '21 Freewheeler and I'm sure they're going to do the recall as part of it. I understand they have to flash the ECM and I always get nervous about them doing that. The Free is running great and I don't want them screwing it up. Has anyone heard of any downsides to having this done? The trike isn't exhibiting any brake light issues, but I guess it's not going to matter once it's in their hands.

JT, I could be wrong but I think the BCM controls the brake module, that said even if they have to update the ECM, there are partitions in there and the Digital Tech Scanner they use can scroll thru the place they need to update without affecting any other areas of the ECM or BCM

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png