Spoken at a Veterans ceremony..

rhino 2

100000 + Posts
Oct 15, 2011
Utopia New Jersey USA..
It is, in a way an odd thing to honor those who died in defense of our country in wars far away ‘ The imagination plays a trick. We see these soldiers in our mind as old and wise .We see them as something like the founding fathers grave and gray haired but most of them were boys when they died, They gave up two lives the one they were living in-And the one they would have lived.. When they died they gave up their chance to be Husbands and Fathers and Grandfathers .. They gave up their chance to be Revered old Men.. They gave up everything for their country for us..All we can do is to Remember Them…

; Ronald (Ronnie) Wilson Reagan….

Our town has veteran flags with the pictures of our local deciesed veterans. There is one there that I schooled with . When I pass him I will always salute him . RIP Mike . 🫡

Our town has more than i can count.....And not all of them are deceased ....

In Highland New York 'Sullivan County they have at least 75 or more along Rt 55...North of Barryvile...

The area I grew up in,a suburb of New Orleans, has many hundreds if not thousands of veterans,many of them black. Of the high schools I went to at least four of my friends are veterans. In the little town I now live in, pop under 1100 there are also a great number of veterans with multiple families where all of the men,fathers and all sons served. And these were farming families where most of the work was done by those same fathers and sons. My own father,brother, and one of my sons served or are serving. My wife had two brothers serve and several nephews who served or are serving.I love to live in an area that fosters so much love of country, and appreciation for the principals that are espoused by our divine constitution. I understand that we have not fully achieved all of the goals set forth in that document, but neither will we achieve them by eroding the others or replacing the document.I am so proud of all those who served or are serving to defend those ideals for their dedication to this country and their sacrifice. Thank you Veterans, and thanks Dad for all you did in service to this country in the service and in our community.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png