Stallion Cargo Platform/Hitch Mounted

Sep 3, 2008
WI
My husband Wayne made our Stallion a small steel cargo platform this weekend. The cargo storage bin is 35" X 14" X 13" H and is made of a rugged structural plastic, is bolted inside to the platform, is waterproof and PAD-lockable. Both platform and bin weigh approximately 35 pounds, total. At some point we may decide to get a different storage bin but for now this will be just fine!

ss

Cargo%20Platform%20Photos.jpg

Cargo%20Platform%20Photos-On%20Stallion.jpg

That IS a great lookin job SS ! As far as weight, even if you only put your jackets, rainsuits ect. in it, it will save space...AND, cup holders for "Tailgating"..;)

Nice job Wayne! I like that its just the right width and doesn't stick out too far...perfect alignment with bottom of tail lights and even has drink holders....very nice design.

Last edited:
Wayne says......Thanks All!
(He is very talented but won't touch the computer)
Now if you folks could just ship us some nice riding weather up this way we'd be all set!!!
Wendy

Cargo Storage Bin

Several folks have private messaged me and asked
where I purchased the cargo storage bin.

I purchased ours at Farm & Fleet but we've also seen them in the
sporting goods area of Wal-Mart. The brand name is "Contico"
(SUV Tuff Bin) for those of you who might want to hunt it up online.

ss

:D This is what makes Forums work. Great ideals and information and sources shared. Looks like Wayne may just end up being our modification leader.

Here are a few shots of my carrier rack project. I'm taking orders, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stallionrack6Feb0910.jpg

Stallionrack6Feb0912.jpg

Stallionrack19Feb0928.jpg

Stallionrack19Feb0927.jpg

Stallionrack19Feb0923.jpg

Stallionrack19Feb0926.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job! Did you have a cover made for it? We had one made at an awning shop with waterproof (tonneau) material. We are having the cover (velcro) closure modified so we don't have to take the whole thing off when we want to get into the "box". They also made our passenger back rest! :D
Mikey

Fortsand,
That looks great, but did you check to see where the exhaust exits? I have to watch mine, because when it is about 90+ degrees it had melted my bungee cords on mine. Looks like a clean job. Good work!

The exhaust is lower than the platform, but it may not be low
enough. I may have to raise it. I am going to do a test run and
check it out. Received my DWG 4" speakers today. I plan to mount
them on the flat area above the brake pedal and accelerator.
My Baker windshield wings should be here in a day or two and I think I am going to spring for the new ones out from Southwest Trike. Hey, it's Christmas in February, lol!!!!!!!!!!

Here is my platform that i had loaded up for my Trip to Daytona. I had to drill larger holes to allow for the plastic hooks of the cargo net, and I put a piece of cardboard under it to protect my bag from dirt, and I covered it in a plastic bag. As I road people commented that it did not budge, as It was protected from the wind. When I arrived in Daytona the bag was completely intact with no tears. It worked like a charm. The only think I would like to change is my exhaust is too close. I would like to get a angle welded in to raise it up about 6" to protect it from the hot exhaust during the summer.

Here is some information on some options from a Stallion dealer up in East Grand Forks, MN. He makes a system that uses old Gold Wing saddle bags into a pretty nice looking unit. He also has both a metal basket style carrier and also an enclosed container style that is a lot more reasonable in price. (Look about 2/3's of the way down the web page to see the lower priced units. As you can see from his top pictures, his saddle bag set-up works on a Stallion (see picture) and he says the universal ones (basket and plastic tupperware style) also will work on a Stallion. I haven't seen the actual products yet but am thinking very long and hard about one of the universal ones.

Hitch Receivers, Custom Built Tag A Long Totes and Racks For Trikes

Wayne

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png