Weird Noise

OldSarge

10+ Posts
Apr 19, 2015
Saint Cloud FL
Hey there, my 2011 Tri-Glide has developed a noise that I don't know what is causing it. As an example, riding at 50 mph in 5th gear with the cruise on it will go for a few miles then start making a rattling noise. If I touch the throttle to speed up a little bit it will stop for a short distance then start back up. Same thing if I reduce the speed a little. I cant tell if it is the lifters, primary chain or adjuster, or cam chain. I am deaf in my right ears and have lost a lot in my left ear. Anybody have any ideas?

In my shovel and panhead days whenever I heard any tapping or rattling from the top end I'd back off the throttle for a second then back on and continue. This would give a shot of oil up there and it was happy again. On my '21 Freewheeler any top end tapping (usually on hard excelleration) pretty much away after I replaced the factory slip on mufflers with Cobra 909's. Don't know if this gives you any clues or not, but it's all I got at the moment.

Hey there, my 2011 Tri-Glide has developed a noise that I don't know what is causing it. As an example, riding at 50 mph in 5th gear with the cruise on it will go for a few miles then start making a rattling noise. If I touch the throttle to speed up a little bit it will stop for a short distance then start back up. Same thing if I reduce the speed a little. I cant tell if it is the lifters, primary chain or adjuster, or cam chain. I am deaf in my right ears and have lost a lot in my left ear. Anybody have any ideas?

Just for the heck of it……….

Check the bolts (2) holding the stabilizer bracket onto the front cylinder head …I’ve had a 2011 and those bolts would come loose periodically and they will make a rattling noise..

Just Did a Compensator Today on my nephews 2019 Road Glide The noise coming out of that thing was crazy, Did a Man O War Compensator eliminator new primary chain & a Baker adjuster, 3 hole Red Line oil, So quiet And a little more Torque .

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png