Cone Spacing for Tri Glide Slalom

Has any HD Triker out there played with weaving between cones with their Tri Glide. I would like to hear what the minimum spacing you use between cones where you can successfully traverse five turns without stopping or reversing. Also do different TG years have different turning radius’s?

While performing a provincial skills test I was given a spacing of 12ft. I found it impossible to do. When practicing this maneuver I need a minimum of 13.5 - 14 feet between cones.

Has any HD Triker out there played with weaving between cones with their Tri Glide. I would like to hear what the minimumspacing you use between cones where you can successfully traverse five turns without stopping or reversing. Also do different TG years have different turning radius’s?

While performing a provincial skills test I was given a spacing of 12ft. I found it impossible to do. When practicing this maneuver I need a minimum of 13.5 - 14 feet between cones.

12 FT Sounds like the test for Two Wheelers....??...

There are a couple of videos showing Officer Donnie Williams negotiating cones, one slow and one fast paced. I am too old to know how to link them here. But if you want to see the impossible done on a police 2 wheeler, they are a worthwhile view.

PS; There are 2 retired police motormen who ride in one of the groups I ride with every week. Don't try to outride them! They are highly skilled professionals.....

Jim

It's probably a waste of time since you are dealing with government officials but you can point out that space works for 2 wheelers ,but not trikes.

If they insist it can be done , get them to show you. I suspect they will either refuse or back down. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

It's been about 3 years since I have ridden with them and moved north, but the drill team captains with the Daytona Beach HOG chapter held Parking Lot Practice the first Sunday morning each month to hone riding skills. One of the large lots at Daytona HD was set up with a number of challenging courses, covering everything from slaloms to decreasing radius turns to back-to-back figure eights, and then some. It made a number of expert riders out of novices, and as a road captain, I saw the real benefits of this type of practice. I am not sure of the exact spacing of cones, but I know it was not easy for a two-wheeler, and downright challenging for a trike, but I used it to become a proficient trike rider. I will see if I can look a couple of the drill team members up to find out what spacings they used, because I know they had printed sheets to lay out the courses with.

Aw, come on Olddog.... you get plenty of slalom practice dodging all the deer here in the hill country every day.. :D

Even better practice is dodging the vultures coming up from the remains of the wildlife hit by the 4 wheel drivers. The vultures keep eating until you are right on top of them, then they launch! Saw a rice rocket rider fall victim to striking a buzzard heading out 337. The rider survived, but the bike went off the edge to a pretty steep drop.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png