Last 2022 road trip!

After the kerfuffle of the last few years; work, finance's and covid my wife and I hadn't seen our youngest son in 5 years or so, we decided to do a trike trip to visit him and his family for Christmas, they live in Sydney NSW, we live in Perth WA, I purchased a solar panel and portable fridge, with battery storage and hooked it all to my camper trailer, packed and hit the highway!

The first 1000 klm's were great, warm and comfortable weather, after that very cold, overcast with misty rain occasionally.

Cruising along the Nullabour Plain 40 mile along the 90 mile straight we had a blowout on the trailer, I was prepared for this with a trolly jack and a spare tyre along with the tools needed.

Onward to Kimba SA, the local gossip was "the highway was closed" and a detour was the only way through, we pressed on until the roadblock, (yes it was there), we pulled over to chat with emergency service guy, he asked "how would you like to go back and detour over bumpy dusty track" I replied "I'd rather not" after checking the width of my rig he called through and got permission to stay on the hwy, we fitted through ok, the semi cabin was off the hwy and in the trees the first trailer was across the Eastbound lane while the second was across the Westbound lane.

We hit Adelaide around 8pm. Arrived at a friends house lunch time next day, after 2700 kms of cold, camp food and the occasional roadhouse cuisine it was great to get a home cooked meal along with a comfortable bed. Service the Goldwing fixed a minor issue (my fault) 2 days of luxury then on the road again.

On the 17th we arrived for a much welcome reunion, then 5 days to sit back and reflect on the trip. We always carry extra water and food, spare fuel, did not need that, always had mobile service where we needed it, sometimes I had to walk a little to get a better signal! I am not sure why each time I cross the mighty Nullabour even in the middle of summer it is always cold, I must admit I was cold and tired for 5 days after, another couple of days here then on to the Qld border to visit more family.

Stay tuned for the return trip.

Gerry

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png